Nice day for a winter ride.....

gvigrassgvigrass Member Posts: 46 ✭✭

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Nice picture I am missing my boat. Its 30* today here in Boston. Not a real good boating day.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Anna Maria off the port bow. Nice
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

:\   Rubbing it in are ya??? ;) 

29deg and snowing here.  I probably shouldn't complain.  It could be WAY worse.  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Nice picture!  Actually looks like something was in the water there in front of you.  I'm counting down and hoping for some nice spring weather!  I was on the boat this past Saturday sitting under the cover where it was nice and toasty with the sun shining on it...was actually quite enjoyable!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• gvigrassgvigrass Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @TikiHut2, you are exactly right....AMI.  Dream_Inn, there was something in the water although I did not notice it at the time.  Here is that spot blown up......

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shadowy part looks like a mantra ray. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I zoom in on my ipad it looks like a fish or shark.
    2008 330EC
    We get a lot of rays around here.  I'm usually very aware of things in the water (as I'm sure we all are) so kind of surprised I missed it at the time....although I was taking a pic at the time and focused on the horizon.
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

here's another view with an enhanced lense taken moments earlier in that exact spot by another passing sailor......

.......or it could be one of the billions of harmless giant jelly fish out in the bay lately, unless DI was referring to that Shoal buoy. :D
    Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    TikiHut2, Another example of someone cropping pictures, It's so obvious that buoy doesn't belong there LOL
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Jealous! I'm sitting in my office looking at snowfall right now.....Gotta make a boat payment this week too..... :neutral_face: 
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    @TikiHut2 I think that is the same buoy you see off my port bow.  Must have crossed paths with the sailboat right before I took my pic......LOL
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Nope, I was referring to what was in the water, not the buoy.  Probably a ray.  I once was cruising for quite a while on plane (about 3 hrs) and saw something ahead.  Almost thought, ah, I must just be seeing things.  But, my instincts slowed the boat quickly.  Thousands of skates (sting rays) all around.  Yes, thousands.  I had already shut the boat down and just watched, but was in too much awe to try to get a camera.  Something me and the family will never forget!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express