Options

Pole/pedestal for cockpit table?

i am looking for a pedestal/pole for the fiberglass table that is for the cockpit,  I have the table but cannot find the pole.

this is for a 280 Express Cruiser.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,604 mod
    Are you looking to buy one or just wondering where else it could be?  Welcome to the forum.

I have a link to where you can purchase (that I copied from another posting last year)...

http://www.cascadedepot.com/servlet/the-TABLES-cln-Pedestal-Sets/Categories

(use springfield) http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2879/custom-cockpit-tables#latest

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    ruggerrugger Member Posts: 9
    I am ordering the Springfield now....thank you!
  • Options
    Great, let us know how it goes and how the service is.  I am thinking about ordering some from there as well after I figure out what I'm going to do.

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I put the table up in the cockpit at all last season.  I think part of it was due to the fact that the deck hand (12 lbs miniature goldendoodle) could reach it too easily.  I wonder if you could get the same diameter pipe as schedule 40 PVC and the table stay up OK.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Which leads me to think.  If the cockpit table was the height of a high top table like they have in bars, it might be more useful......

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    ruggerrugger Member Posts: 9
    Springfield did not fit.  The original pole was slightly tapered at the end.  
  • Options
    Wow, good to know!  I believe I know what I'm going to do with my tables now.  The current salon table will move up to the cockpit, allowing 4 of us to use sitting around it.  (only sit on one side in salon, can't fit 4).  Then purchase the table here: http://www.marineteak.co.uk/nautic-star-cube-662-p.asp .  What's nice is that it will fold to half it's size.  For anyone looking for tables, they have some really neat ideas, including the sliding one (which we thought about for the cockpit).  If anyone has bought from them, how was their service?

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if Rinker got the post from ITC Marine... These posts are tapered at each end.

http://itc-marine.com/product/surfittm-table-leg-base-system

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    This is the table post for my 276 cuddy. Its definitely Springfield, but I cant find anything online that the number matches up to.

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    You can get correct Springfield tapered post for your Rinker. The table pedestal legs come in several heights and diameters so you have to know what height and diameter you need. I think all the Rinker legs are 2-3/8" tapered to 2-1/4" Springfield measures them from the deck to underside of the table post ring. So a post that is considered 24.5" is actually 25.75" long when it comes out of the box (it loses some length when it fits into the floor ring).  There are different diameter legs and tapers.  As I said, the ones on my Rinker are tapered at both ends - post diameter is  2-3/8" tapered to 2-1/4" . I did find them on the Springfield site - after a LOT of looking - but it was confusing because - as I said -  the post length is measured differently than its overall length. In the past I have ordered two lengths.  One, the same length as in the downstairs cabin tables (longer) and the other, a shorter length for the cockpit table. Still confused? I don't blame you. Maybe this will help. Call Springfield and ask for Randy Graham or Ken in parts 1-417-725-2667. Bear in mind that Springfield doesn't sell directly to consumers but Ken or Randy can help you with size and length and the proper order numbers. I did some "sweet talking" about what great products Springfield made and that "warmed-up" the guys and they got real helpful. It never hurts to pay a compliment - right? .....and I DO like Springfield products. Tell them what "finished" height you want - "finished" meaning the height from the top of the deck to the bottom of the table. that dimension should help. With the information you get from Springfield you can contact Cascade Depot. I telephoned them ( I think the number was 1-541-327-2195 ***remember it's Oregon so there is the time difference ;_)  with the part numbers Springfield gave me and the lady took my order over the phone. I didn't have to use the internet order dept. For the cockpit table (shorter length leg) I ordered the Springfield table pedestal leg that is 25.75" loa with a floor to table height of 24.5"  It cost $20.99 I think the The sku was 3660034-A  It was called a Stowable 24.5" Table Pedestal. The wording is important as there is a lot of product to sift through. It arrived about 5 days after shipping. Hope this helps. P.S. If you are looking for any other Springfield parts you can go to the Cascade Depot website. BBQs, mounts etc.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Hi MT.
    Really nice to hear from you, you where missed on this forum.
    Paul
  • Options
  • Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I changed my cockpit table from a round one to an oval one.  It fits much better and gives us more room around the seating area.

if you want it higher and are not using the galley table, that pole will fit and is taller.  We use that often.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back MT 
  • Options
    Up-Date: Springfield Tapered "Stowable" Pedestal Posts. Knowing how frustrating it was for me to find the dual tapered Springfield posts I wanted for my tables AND not wanting to steer you guys wrong - I went looking. Here's how to find the different height posts with tapered tops and bottoms (again, alert: be sure of your height and taper size) Google Cascade Depot. Click on the google  line for "Cascade Depot". The company website home page will appear on your screen.  Go down the menu to BRANDS, click on Springfield. There will be a page number near the top (I think it's numbered 1 to 6), there will be an arrow ( >) to the right of the numbers. Keep clicking on that arrow until you reach page 29 - yes that's page 20 friggin' 9. Along the way along you will see many posts with lots of options (side mounts etc.) but the Rinker Style Springfield tapered posts are on page 29. Whew!!!!!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info MT.

Here is a clip that I saw in a Sea Ray at the local boat show. I am planning on getting a set when I get the boat out of storage.

http://www.cascadedepot.com/table-post-storage-clip/

MT, good to see you back!! I hope you stick around. You are a wealth of knowledge that was missed when you were gone.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT just reappears with no explanation??? Did the Turks Gov kick you out?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,474 admin
    Handy I dont think MT was "fully" gone....LOL Welcome back MT....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back MT.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    We just purchased the upper and lower posts from Special Recreation in Coeur d' alene for about 1/2 of the cost being charged by the local places in Portland.

We'Re still trying to figure out where the old ones are...along with the bulbs in the cabin lights.
  • Options
    Good to know.  I finally think I figured out what I am going to do with my table setup.  I am going to take the table from the salon, move it up to the cockpit.  Then order http://www.marineteak.co.uk/nautic-star-cube-662-p.asp for the salon area.  The current table in the salon is just a bit short for the 4 of us to us (sitting on one side) and up in the cockpit we can all sit around it.  Any thoughts?? 

• Options
    JakesRinker300JakesRinker300 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Does anyone know of a Canadian retailer for the Springfield Marine posts? Found the post I need for my cabin table but shipping from the US is almost twice the cost of the post. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know of a Canadian retailer for the Springfield Marine posts? Found the post I need for my cabin table but shipping from the US is almost twice the cost of the post. 
    You can't have it custom fab at an aluminum machining/welding shop?  I had mine retrofitting, was quick and cheap ...  just bring table top, and the floor flange with you.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the taper makes it challenging for an average shop?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Maybe the taper makes it challenging for an average shop?
    That extension has a taper, custom fit to the table top ... I gave the shop the table. The shop that did this wasn't that much to write home about ... it was a pretty basic shop. They did a great job, and the turn around was pretty short too!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!  Goes to show what I know!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    JakesRinker300JakesRinker300 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    MarkB said:
    You can't have it custom fab at an aluminum machining/welding shop?  I had mine retrofitting, was quick and cheap ...  just bring table top, and the floor flange with you.

I’ve looked into this and it will be too costly. The 2” alum tube 1/8” wall is not stocked. Min 1hr machining time at $80/hr. The post I need is at GLS $28 US and shipping is $48 US. I’m still cheaper just ordering it from them.