Carpet Covers

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,458Member ✭✭✭✭✭
While at the boat show this weekend, I was on a Sea Ray cruiser that had Sunbrella covers or runners over the existing carpet on the interior of the boat. It snapped in place to hold it taught, which was nice. I don't want to rip out the existing carpet on my boat, but I liked the idea of the runner when there is a lot of traffic on the boat. Ex: tailgate before a football or baseball game, or even a concert, or a large raft off. The admiral thought that it was a good idea, but I am wondering if it is worth the expense.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• pepmysterpepmyster Posts: 308Member ✭✭✭

My buddy had that on his Rinker. It does save the carpet, is it really a high traffic area?

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• BritinusaBritinusa Baden, PAPosts: 302Member ✭✭
    http://carpetsaver.com/boats-marine-carpet-non-skid-floor-runner-protector.htm

These guys have loose carpet protector that you can cut to shape, i would think the snaps would hurt if you step on them when the carpet protector is not down.

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,458Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is where you come down the steps, next to the galley and head, so it is a high traffic area. I agree that the snaps might hurt, but they were up the sides a little and sunk into the carpet. I have a small doormat rug from the previous owner, but it constantly bunches up and is a PITA.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 3,046Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just replace the carpet with SeaDek. That's what I'm doing. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 6,540Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a roll of stick on carpet protector at Home Depot.