Options

cabin ladder 232

boat232boat232 Member Posts: 13
I'm looking for a swing ladder inside of a cabin in 1995 captiva 232. Does anyone know where can i find this item? 

Comments

• Options
    Any other ideas to replace the ladder if not able to find with some kind of step always appreciated.  
    Thanks
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would email Cindy Scott at Rinker to see if they have one, or who made the ladders for them. Unfortunately there is no real good solution for the ladder. It is a PIA to use. I ended up hopping up to get thru the windshield on my old 232cc. My wife used the dash/cup holder area on the passengers seat as a step. I was never fond of her doing that, but it worked. I rarely used that ladder.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I would email Cindy Scott at Rinker to see if they have one, or who made the ladders for them. Unfortunately there is no real good solution for the ladder. It is a PIA to use. I ended up hopping up to get thru the windshield on my old 232cc. My wife used the dash/cup holder area on the passengers seat as a step. I was never fond of her doing that, but it worked. I rarely used that ladder.
    Did you actually pull yourself up using the windshield or actually hopp up there without putting pressure on the windshield. Is the windshield safe to put pressure on just to get up there? I don't mind not having it, but definitely need to get up there. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would use the windshield as minor support and hop up.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MidMichiganMidMichigan Member Posts: 3
    Are you still looking for one of these? I have one as I am just parting out a 96 232. I will double check its the same as the 95 as thats where the parts I need are going. I would not recommend using the windshield and chance breaking it as this is why I ended up buying the 96.

Rinker wants 6000.00 for the windshield and Taylormade wants 3850.00 ....pretty costly mistake over not using a stupid ladder.