Options

cockpit cover 95 232 cc

Trying to find out what are my options on getting a cockpit cover for 1995 captiva 232 cc? Can i buy new from somewhere or do i have to go see a upholstery shop? Also looking for the female and male snap in buttons. Are they all thisame for all the boats?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM TJ  Boattech01
  • Options
    boat232boat232 Member Posts: 13
    PM TJ  Boattech01
    I did and no luck,  he doesn't have anything for that year.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can he order it? 
    Did you try Great Lakes Covers or Ameritex?
  • Options
    Handymans342 said:
    Can he order it? 
    Did you try Great Lakes Covers or Ameritex?
    He didn't mentioned anything about if he can order it, will ask him tho. 
    I will give the other 2 you mentioned a try. Thanks
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a boat that old, go to a canvas shop and have one made. Tumacs in Pittsburgh may have a pattern for it.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    For a boat that old, go to a canvas shop and have one made. Tumacs in Pittsburgh may have a pattern for it.
    Any closer to ct? I do have one on the boat, it has a rip in the middle and missing a few buttons, just trying to see how much I can get one for? Redoing the whole cabin, new stereo 7.4 was rebuild last year rear open exhaust seats and couches in good condition, body needs minor work. Good winter project, definitely nice boat for 20 years. Most likely will sell mid-late summer in pristine condition with my 08 rxp-X with few mods 3k lol in pristine condition. Only fresh water. Thinking of going bigger and newer. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just search locally unless your really land locked- otherwise there should be someone around to repair/make etc. for other boaters. I'm working on the same for my 270, camper enclosure was 2500 which I thought reasonable, the mooring cover he wants a grand for which I can't see, but I want it!