Options

Recently purchased a 2001 Rinker 340 FV. Starboard side 110 plugs quit working.

CactusRoseCactusRose Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
Can't find a GFI.  Breaker has power but neither the aft cabin or plug by the cockpit sink work.  Also looking for a wiring diagram if possible.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Could have a bad GFCI. I would remove the plug from the wall and check the line and load on them with a multi meter.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    That's what I thought but neither plug on that side of the boat has a GFI.  Port and starboard circuits each run to separate breaker.  Checked power to the breaker and both sides of the breaker and its ok.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The breaker for the side that quit working might not be at the electric panel. Mine has a breaker about 5 feet from the connector under a nondescript cover plate. Check and see if the breaker is tripped or just shut off.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the gfi plug is in the head.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Did some further investigation today.  No GFI on the starboard circuit.  The GFI for the head and kitchen area (both port side is on the main breaker panel.  Talked with Rinker today to see if they had any wiring diagrams.... none that applied.  Pretty much took the boat apart and chased the wiring down.  Its either a loose connection behind the main breaker panel or a broken wire.  Will keep you all updated.
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Usually Rinker would supply the wiring diagrams for their boats, they did for me.......
  • Options
    ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Hmmm....trying to remember. I had this same scare and it was a tripped GFI plug and it was in a bit of an odd location. Definitely a GFI plug at the breaker panel and i want to say it was located the port side of then front bunk by the a/c vent or maybe over the shelf in the aft bunk.

I can't answer for Rinker but my tripped GFI definitely knocked out the outlet next to the cockpit fridge. Sorry....just can't remember for sure.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    yes, a lot of boats, mine included have the GFE up by the front Vberth.  I've tripped mine a couple times as well (George Foreman Grill and blender will do it at the same time every time).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.  I will be back at it this weekend.  As I noted in an earlier post, I contacted Rinker and they were very willing to help just couldn't locate any diagrams for my boat.  They sent me some for the 12v system and one for the panel itself but not the overall wiring layout.  She did say she thought the wiring ran between the floor and bottom hull to get from one side to the other.  More to come.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    It's very common for GFCI's to go bad. The only proper way to check them is to remove them from the box and check the "line" and "load" with a meter.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks all. It was the GFI. I finally located it on the port side of the forward refrigerator. It was hidden by some blankets from the front bunk. All is working now.
  • Options
    ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Glad you found it!