Options

Redoing Interior

My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum

We are working on our project boat. 1989 236 sport cuddy. It seats 5 (7 with the jump seats in the cabin) I have seen a set up where they have a porta potty in the cuddy under the berth. I think that is an easy change and wondering what everyone thinks of that).

We are looking at MODULAR SEATING in the cockpit/seating area. Was thinking of pontoon furniture with a wrap around. We are not all about the speed but having a nice, entertaining vessel to make day and weekend trips to the islands (27 nautical miles from our home port).  Anyone have any thoughts about using benches along the port side of the boat with a leanback in place of the forward bucket seat. I also would like to replace the driver's bucket with a nice helms chair.(Looking for a used one since the budget for the entire boat redo is $3000 and one of those is $2200).

The cabin itself is what it is, we are having memory foam special cut for the sleeping berth but are looking for ideas to make it functional. The cabin has 2 jump seats (THEY'RE GETTING THE HEAVE ****) I am 6'6" and need the leg room to sleep. One side we were thinking about maybe a fridge but the heat from the compressor would heat that area up way too much so thinking maybe clothes closet and pantry. Since we won't be doing any long trips on this boat, we can use a small fridge we can keep in the engine compartment or integrate a cooler into the seating arrangement.

Just looking for suggestions and ideas on what to do. Project starts in 4 weeks and will be 6 weeks until completion. Can't wait to start posting pictures of the entire rehab of this boat.

Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    I would say pontoon furniture may work, you may be able to get a cooler to fit inside the base of one to save some deck space, on the porta potty, will you be able to put in a deck pump out? that would be easier than carrying it out to empty it, the permenant install portapotties are around $120
  • Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Brit, looking to use a porta potty that can be removed from the cabin (with it being a cuddy, going to put it right inside the door facing rear of boat so we can pull it out at night). Also, going to remove a jump seat in the cabin to put in a fridge. Think we can get a cooler  on the starboard side behind the helm with the set up we're looking at.
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Make sure to take some good pictures along the way.  Always fun to see pictures of upgrades!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    ok i think im understanding, you are removing the jump seats to make a bigger bed area? like dream said, post lots of pictures, mine is still ongoing and occasionally i look back over my thread just to see how far I have come, really helps when im starting to think it will never be ready!
  • Options
    Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    I have a port a pot you can have from my 232BR. It was an option and has never been used. It just is taking space in my garage. All I want is shipping cost? Send me a PM.