Options

Some projects. Anybody else have any pics of projects they are working on?

Just wanted to post some pics of some projects that I am working on this winter.  last year my old carpet finally gave out and started dry rotting and ripping.  So we picked out some commercial carpet from lowes, and traced out the design from the old carpets, ordered some poly binding, and using my singer heavy duty, I put that stuff on there, it was just about all that I could get that machine to do, but got it done.  I also made a piece for the swim platform, even though everybody on here told me not to do it in a post last year, I was just so tired of the dirty footprints on the swim platform.  I am under roof, so I don't think I will have any problem with it, and I can always take it off easy enough to pressure wash it.   Also including a pic of the enclosure I am making to go with the hard top.  So tired of not having an enclosure, you don't realize how dirty things get without it.  So what is everybody else working on?  Post some pics.    

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

Comments

• Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Nice job on the carpet looks professionally done
  • Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    i got tired of wondering if the batteries had enough juice. I ran a 14g wire from battery 2 to behind the dash and connected the radio and lights to it. With the bat switch on 1 and the isolator I now have a dedicated house and a dedicated start battery. The volt gauges are under the sink and can be easily seen from the drivers seat (1005 265) Battery 1 is blue bat 2 is red
  • Options
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    I'm doing a handful of things.  Replacing a couple of hoses and adding some led strip lights around the hardtop.  Having two cushions redone (starting to come apart at the seam) and thinking about replacing carpet.  I'm also still trying to figure out what to use for a new cockpit table.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am replacing the carpet on mine. I am not impressed with the quality of the carpet at snapincarpet.com. I got some samples from Corinthian Marine Carpet and they seem much better. Thicker pile and softer. Fortunately I still have a few months to figure it out. I also need to do the dreaded buff and polish of the boat along with typical maintenance stuff. My drive oil is #1 on that list.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    awhiresawhires Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Nice job on the carpet!
  • Options
    Re stitched my entire camper top, trying to get by a few more seasons!
  • Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    So far this year I've replaced spark plugs and distributor AC water pump toilet water pump and anchor motor repair, Oh and water heater
    The pictures are of anchor access and old toilet water pumps

• Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Hey Cableguy, I replaced my carpet with carpet from Corinthian, they did a great job. It looked really nice but always had a cat **** odor when ever it got wet. I took really good care of it, dried if out, kept it spotless, no spills etc. I tried everything still smelled when wet. Even called Corinthian, they had no answers. My next floor will be SeaDek form.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    bigal6030 said:
    Hey Cableguy, I replaced my carpet with carpet from Corinthian, they did a great job. It looked really nice but always had a cat **** odor when ever it got wet. I took really good care of it, dried if out, kept it spotless, no spills etc. I tried everything still smelled when wet. Even called Corinthian, they had no answers. My next floor will be SeaDek form.
    Great... How long ago did you replace your carpet with them?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am replacing all my cockpit carpet with SeaDek in a couple of months.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Hey you stole my beer, the voltage displayed on the gauges, is that while running?
  • Options
    no, that is while off, on the bat charger and both gauges connected directly to the batteries. If you read off the dash you will get funky readings due to all the stuff connected to it.
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    bigal6030 said:

I made the templates for them, it took about 3 weeks total.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    bigal6030 said:
    bigal6030 said:

I made the templates for them, it took about 3 weeks total.
    The lead time is typical... I was wondering how many years or seasons ago did you do the replacement?
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    No pictures yet, but I picked up a Vessel View 4 and "hope" to put in in the dash where the speedometer sits.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    samp232samp232 Member Posts: 29
    Im doing seadek on my extended swim platform, integrated swim platform and the walkthrogh area! Along with some other small projects replacing broke compass, New wiring for sound system.