ACC switch

I have a 2007 280 ec. Does anyone know what the acc switches are wired/prewired for? I'm looking at installing underwater led lights and would like to use existing switch if there's one available.

Comments

• frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    From what I know on my boat they are not pre-wired for nothing specific. You can used for your under water lights that is what I did on mine
  • pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    On my 280, it controls the power to the Gps.

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look in the archives, there is a wiring diagram for the 280EC. The ACC switch to the left of the steering wheel is prewired for the underwater lights and there is a breaker for it. The first one to the right of the steering wheel is prewired for the washdown pump. Those wires terminate in the engine room by the hot water tank. I used that switch for my LED underwater lights since my 280 came with the halogen swim light. The last ACC switch, closest to the right of the boat is blank and terminates at the switch. Here is a good discussion on the subject and a few photos.
    http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/22225/#Comment_22225

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely a spare ACC switch on my Rinker 260EC that is pre-wired to the back/bilge. I'm not sure what it was meant for, but I used it to power a fishing probe.

However, I also put in an underwater light, and got power from the same switch that operates the Cockpit Lights (the small LEDs that run close to the floor, and also light up the engine compartment). We just took power off the 12V supply to the 2 LEDs in the engine compartment, so when I want to turn on the swim deck light we just through the deck lights on.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"