Options

Boston Boat Show

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
I was able to make it to the Boston Boat Show. The show was ok. They had 5 Rinkers with 2 being a 340 and a 310. To be honest the 340 was nice but cut way down in size. No more separate shower and head but otherwise a very nice looking boat. The 310 had some really nice features like the fold down stern and the swivel helm. I would grade them at least a B+. Biggest dud's was the SeaRay's. The layout where horrible and the workmanship was horrible. I did not go and see the Hinckley that caused a massive traffic jam because it got stuck going to the show or the Azmut because I wont wait in a line but I thought the nicest boat was the 40' (but only 37') Carver. Great looking and great layout. Not bad for $500,000.......lol

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Are SeaRay's that bad ..........?
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    I agree Ray the sea Rays I seen at Detroit boat show had very poor layouts IMO
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Did not like them at all and big $$$$$$$$$$$
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Yeah, I hadn't been happy the last few years with the SeaRays.  They were pretty nice in the late 90's and 2000's, but the last 5 or so years haven't been that great.  I was extremely unimpressed with their larger boats and was shocked how much smaller their mid cabin was.  They told me it was because of their gas tanks.  I asked why all the other makes were larger in that area, but no answer. I do like the carvers and really want to look at their newer models that are a bit more space in the front.  I've seen a few photos and really impressed, but yes price is crazy.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Will be going tomorrow. I've never really been a big fan of the Sea Rays....just WAY too much money.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342