Toilet hook up problem

BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
Guys, any suggestions on how i can hook up my new toilet? as you can see from the picture someone cut the flex pipe, (There is no extra pipe behind the panel) so i am left with a 90' turn for the hook up, i am thinking of a PVC 90' elbow and a short piece of PVC pipe inside the flex pipe to make the connection, will the elbow cause a constriction point?

Comments

• frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Any 90 or 45 will cause some restrictions to some point . But if there is only one you should be ok. You should also look at buying a 90 at a marine store instead of a regular 90 from an hardware store the marine one as less restriction .
  • luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Wow so close.. My parens boat has an elbow on there toilet and never had a problem with it, when it was first installed they used an irrigation elbow and had  to Chang it to pluming elbow, if you Decide to use an elbow use plumbing PVC elbows.
  • frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Have a look at this....

90BK 90-degree bend kit#9108553351

90-degree Bend Kit

Provides smooth sweep corner to eliminate kink. Includes two adapters.

Key benefits

• Provides smooth sweep corner to eliminate kink
    • Six connection kits include custom hose adapters
    • Six fittings and adapters accommodate complex plumbing runs
    • Intended primarily for use with OdorSafe Plus sanitation hose

• BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Thanks guys, its either the elbow or i could cut the fiberglass above the pipe to allow it to come down from above, not keen on that plan though.
    So a plumbing elbow with the inside diameter of the fitting on the toilet will not work?
    I was looking online but i have had no luck finding an elbow at Jamestown distributors where i got the toilet nor west marine.

Thanks Frenchship, we relied at the same time! the connector on that is the wrong way around on one end to fit my toilet, but thats the kind of fitting im looking for though, was just going to get a long curve from Home Depot.

OK so i decided to replace the hose, since the pump out deck fitting is right behind the head wall, now how easy is it to remove the deck fitting? are there nuts on the back side of the deck flange? its not in an easy to reach place from inside the boat. so im hoping i can remove the deck flange/plate and pull out the old hose then feed in a new one and cut a new opening on the side of the heads inside wall so i can attach it.