Options

212 Captiva's

nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

Just checking to see who all have 212 Captiva's on the list and what you have. Mine is:

2002 212 Captiva

5.0 220 HP  Mercruiser with Alpha 1

White and blue Limited Edition

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

Comments

• Options
    artistofdesignartistofdesign Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    1996 Captiva 212
    Rebuilt 5.7L V8 350 cid MAG MPI, Alpha 1
    260hp 19p Rev4 SS prop
    White with new red paint...New Canvas and new graphics coming soon.

Post edited by artistofdesign on
  • Options
    ScottKScottK Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    What kind of graphics? Looking for mine
  • Options
    Jmgrace3Jmgrace3 Member Posts: 1
    2000 Captiva 212
    5.0L Alpha Drive
    Getting ready to launch!
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    2004 212 Captiva 350 mag with alpha drive1.47, corsa performance exhaust,revolution 4 19p prop. Getting ready for the water. Just bought 8 new ngk plugs to replace the original ones and replacing the water pump in the alpha drive next week at the dealer. Lobster traps are still scattered around the bay where I boat,but they will be gone May 31 then I go for a dip!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ScottK said:
    What kind of graphics? Looking for mine
    I made a custom decal for the side since I cannot obtain the original graphics for my model year anymore.

Post edited by artistofdesign on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Very nice looking great job with the decal
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I love custom graphics they give it that one of a kind look

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Thanks Guys...I'll post a pic in a few days...in a new thread...don't wanna hijack this one
  • Options
    julreyjulrey Member Posts: 1
    Excited to see the pictures. My 212 side graphics are a little messed up on the port side.
  • Options
    adecarloadecarlo Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking and purchasing a 2004 Captiva Rx1.  Anything I should look into or known issues that I need to be aware of?  How do you tell the hours on this boat there was no gague?  Any insite on this boat that would help me in making my decision to buy this boat would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options

I am surprised that there is no hour meter. My 2002 212 has one and it is a carbed 5.0 engine. I believe that it is part of the speedometer although it might be on the tachometer. In any case, I am told that you can have a scan tool attached to the engine to read the hours if it is fuel injected or carbed with a newer ignition system. I have never done so, so I am just repeating other people's statements.

In any case, I am very happy with my 212. I believe the Rx1 had a number of upgrades from the more "base model" 212's, so I would expect only better.

Dave

• Options
    onebadRinkeronebadRinker Member Posts: 5

1991 Captiva 206...not a 212 but essentially the same boat.  5.7 Magnum, Alpha One, Mirage 21P prop.  55mph and rides great!  Love my Rinker...

• Options
    logansrun6logansrun6 Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    Nice looking ride logansrun6 and welcome to the RBOC.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Sharp looking Boat!
  • Options
    smeerdyk90smeerdyk90 Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2003 Captiva 212 . 5.0.
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    2005 liberty edition... 4.3l alpha... going to re-power I think, at some point, with a 5.7EFI, and step up to the max rating of the outdrive..

I finally stretched its, errrr... fins? out yesterday.... quiet day on the inter-coastal being a week day, and ran it about 50ish miles using a touch over half a tank of fuel- loaded w/ five adults and an infant... pretty good run, averaging 32mph over the lions share of the run in mostly calm water... you don't see those very often around here!!!

oh- and I did a WOT run through a narrow channel (maybe thirty feet between markers) that winds like a mountain road to Bear Island/ Hammocks beach state park... that got me some giggles from passengers, and a beg to do it again! :-)

this boat is perfect for the area... Me digs... now, I just want some more power on the top end, and a more suitable cruising comfort for the engine, which I'm thinking I can get by re-powering over the off season and moving into a v8 of some flavor..

edited to add: oh, those decals are coming off of there... I like a clean look.. I'm a little worried that the skin under the decals are going to show, so, there may be a wrap in its future, too.. a gunmetal gray one.. :-)
  • Options
    I really like the Liberty Edition decals. My graphics are a bit scraped up and will have to come off some day and I have thought about seeing what some Liberty Edition ones would cost. For me these boats are just a bit too plain without some graphics, but I am a bit older and like that sort of thing. Kind of like getting the two tone paint and the chrome package when I bought my F-150.... :-\"

Dave

• Options
    I hear ya... Either would look good.. I hope to retain the oval rinker badge at the stern, and put the boats name just ahead and north of it.. other than that, I want a gunmetal gray wrap to match my f250 lariat.. :-)

From my first car to my latest truck, and everything in between, I've pulled decals... I just like the clean look in all of them.. though, a tuxedo paint (not decal) on a motorcycle looks sharp.. :-)
  • Options
    drew nice looking ride....
  • Options
  • Options
    mxracrmxracr Member Posts: 11

I just bought a 1996 212 with the 5.7

It need a little TLC. I'm thinking of pulling the graphics, but a little concerned about sun fade. Also, have cracks in the leather. Should I replace seats or recover? Newbe here.

• Options
    starboy750starboy750 Member Posts: 2
    Bought my 1996 212 back in sept. 5.7 merc alpha 1. Love everything about it. Only down fall is I bought it late. Can't wait for next spring already.
  • Options
    mxracrmxracr Member Posts: 11

Here's my before/after detail and graphics removal. At some point, the seats need recovering and I'm looking at least adding the logo graphics back. I'll probably add a new set of graphics on the blue, but my imagination isn't the greatest when it comes to looking at graphics and picturing inmy noggin how they will look. Not to mention, they will have to coordinate color with new interior colors.

artistofdesign, did you get your new graphics put on?

• Options
    tswizzletswizzle Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    2001 212 Captiva.  5.0 Merc, four blade prop (to help keep plane).

Question for you all!!

I had to get rid of my bimini top because I put a tower on.  Now years later I am taking the tower off but need to get a new bimini (have kids now...).  I am looking at purchasing a new bimini but finding it hard to find a OEM replacement.  Especially one with the straps that connect under the engine hatch, pretty Rinker custom if you ask me.  

What length bimini came on the 212 originally?  Was it 6 feet measured from bow to stern?  Or longer?  The only replacements I am finding do not even has the supports tubes that connect in the back, they are all straps...

The picture with the tan cover is my boat.  The boat with the bimini is an example of what I need!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine from iBoats. Mine did not come with a tall bimini, and this one worked out really well for me.

http://biminitops.iboats.com/Rinker/212_Captiva_%281998-2002%29/?cart_id=617070736
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    imlovinitimlovinit Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Purchased 2012. Did it with out talking to the wife and boy she was furious. Now she loves it and can't get enough of it.

2003 captiva 212
    Stainless steel 4 blade prop.
    4.3 mercruiser gen 2.. have 2 amps, 4 speakers, 2 subs. getting seats redone as they tend to get brittle.

Want to get trim tabs, perhaps a tower, and a cover that covers the entire boat.

• Options
    floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    I've got a 2005  212xr1, 350 mpi 300hp, 2.0 alpha drive with the wake tower. use it mostly for skiing, knee boarding and for the grandkids tubing. my kids are trying to wakeboard but with an Ebay board, which I think is not for beginners, it is sure fun to watch the wipeouts!
  • Options
    Jbt21479Jbt21479 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    1998 Captiva
    Nothing special about it. I planned on just leaving it that way, but with my boys getting a little older now, I think I may end up adding a tower soon.  
    Stereo is upgraded. One 12", eight 6.5" all amped. Dual batteries. LEDs being installed on inside and underwater LEDs as well. 

This is last year. 

This year I have removed all the decals and have been working on getting it wet sanded out. Also I am attempting the "$50 paint job" on the trailer using the rustoluem products. Hope it works out!
    I wanted to do the floor because I have some soft spots, but with our harsh winter we had I never got the opportunity to start. 

Started on the trailer. 

• Options
    Nice looking ride...........