Options

SnapinCarpet Templates

jhortajhorta Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
Going to order new carpets (or something else) for my 05 290FV, and would love to get my hands on snapincarpets 290 Template to be able to shop around for a price and perhaps carpet alternatives.  I may end up just ordering from them anyways, but think if I ask nicely, they will share with me?  Or does any 290 owners by chance have a template? 

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make your own template with paper. That's asking a lot to get a copy of their made pattern for you to shop them. Just saying.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    What I did was to go to lowes and pick out some commercial carpet and then just trace out the old carpet.  You can call around and have people put binding on it for a couple hundred at the most. I managed to put my own binding on and I am very happy with how it all came out and cost me maybe 120.  Just a thought. 

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Just went through this with the same company. They will NOT share their templates. They will send you material to make your own, but what they have on file , they are keeping so that you buy their product.  Just ordered mine, and everything went quite smoothly 
  • Options
    I would of offered to pay for the template as well, but alas, I'll just order one from them.  I won't be back at the boat for another month or so, and I would rather just order it and get it done with.  Thanks for all the great feedback. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't impressed with the quality of their carpet. I am thinking of going with Corinthian Marine Carpet. It just seemed like a better quality carpet.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I think you posted that in another thread, which is why I even considered going elsewhere.  Problem is, I'm currently way too far from the boat, so to get over to make a template would not be easy, and I threw out the original after I took ownership this past fall.  Looks like snapincarpet wins via attrition.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Make sure when you order, get the GREY rubber backing and not the black. It is an upgrade, but you should specify that when you order.  The black has a tendency to dry rot, and it also absorbs water like foam rubber would.. The grey is a much better product. The other thing is too.....you can specify ANY Sunbrella color binding you want, You aren't  bound (NPI) by grey or beige binding. 
  • Options
    That would be the "premium nu-wave backing", correct??
  • Options
    yes....correct
  • Options
    She CaptainShe Captain Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    We got our carpet for our 290 from Snap In and it arrived in 5 days after ordering it. I also got the better grade carpet with the gray backing. Looks great! Not sorry one bit.
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    You don't need a template... Just lay the carpet down and use the tool for mounting snaps to put them in the correct place. No two boats are the same..
  • Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    FYI. What I did for the snaps on my carpet was to lay the carper in place. Then kneel on it so it doesn't move. Then using a sharpie lift up a piece were a snap is and use the sharpie on the stud then lay the carpet back on top of it and it and push down a little, left a nice black mark on the back of the carpet so I knew where to put the snap. 

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options
    Great tip 312! I was thinking of doing the same thing!!  Great minds...
  • Options
    LobodemarLobodemar Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Friend of mine as a 270 Crownline 2005 and replaced is snapin carpet with a Deckadence marine flooring.  Looks and feel super.   Anybody out there know of this carpet?????