hot water heater

monstermonster Member Posts: 7
how the heck do i remove the hot water heater of a 2003 312, I see where it is how do I remove the old heater? Help please

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 bracket in front and rear. 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is easy to get to on a boat
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Handy, most stuff on the 312/310 is easier to get to than any other boat I've been on.

Ok, that is the absolute worse thing to do on your boat (I used to own a 310, same boat).  I had to change the heater as well.  You have to remove the white board in front first.  Then the water heater has 4 screws.  2 in front and 2 in back.  Call a professional monkey to get to the two in the back....done.  Ok, seriously, the two in the back will take some flexing over top of the heater (need to take a deep breath - for lack of air and holding in the gut).  A very long screwdriver is needed for the back ones.  It is really too bad they weren't hex heads instead of screws.  A little camera or possibly a mirror could help.  When I did mine I didn't reinstall the farthest back screw.

Welcome to the forum!  sorry it wasn't good news for your first posting.  If you have any specific questions, please ask.  As said, I owned the 310 for almost 7 years and loved that boat and everything about it and maintained everything.  This was the worst thing to work on.  Generator impeller was probably second.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    LOL. Just helped a buddy change his on a sea ray last weekend. Same problem. Back screws were impossible to get at. They put these boats together and don't think about the poor **** that has to maintain them down the road. Good luck. Dream. Genny impeller is super easy ony my 312. 

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    oh yeah, that's right the 312 changed and put the genny in the center of the ER.  But you do lose that space in your v-berth - just sayin'. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express