Options

Suspension on Boat

craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Go to their website and watch the video.  So very cool.  These guys designed some very good suspension for the rally car industry over the years and now they are looking at boats.

I love innovation and in practical terms I'm sure it wouldn't be a fit for most of us, but could you imagine how comfy a long cruise would be on a suspended boat.  I personally like the feel of pounding through the waves but my small kids and elderly parents do not.  I could see this being used in military or perhaps racing applications, but as with most technology its only a matter of time before you start seeing a few recreational users with the same technology.

I have been racing mountain bikes for 20+ years now and I remember when suspension came out.  It was expensive and just seemed silly, now I can't even imagine riding without it.

http://www.nauti-craft.com/

Comments

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    That is really cool!! 
  • Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    What do they have to do with RINKER? I mean it's cool and innovative but the expense? Maybe along the sea coasts would be marvelous. Expense would be incredible to purchase, maintain and fuel. I mean if you have the funds and all you want to do is run around, not cruise and get from point A to point B sure, but overnight? Nice day trip? Tubing, Skiing, not applicable in my opinion.
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.