Options

De Winterise for the new season

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
Howdy- thought we might need a discussion on getting our boats ready for the new season- all the stuff that has to be done for the boat to get it ready for the new season- grueling!
Here are the pictures of me getting my boat ready from start to finish.....

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ras...
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
     Ras, it's funny, that is all I have to do as well!!  I guess I have two more steps, remove cover and lower lift!  Looks like you may have one more step as well, waxing that rust spot! :)

I'm heading down to the boat this Friday! & unlike last Friday I'll have thoughts of either uncovering this weekend or waiting one more weekend!  Got a few fun things to tinker with this weekend, so I'll probably wait.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I removed the 3 screws and resealed due to age. 
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

For me my list seems a little daunting but it always does this time of year.  I finally have all the parts needed to replace the rusted swivel/steering pin with a stainless one; replace starboard engine exhaust manifolds; replace seawater impellers; anodes; fuel filters; put new gasket on drive lube drain holes; touch up paint the drives; compound and wax the blue hull.  The upside is I love working on the boat almost as much as floating on it.  Now if time weren't an issue....

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Mines the same, except no salt water rust! It's so nice doing indoor heated rack storage, I fire up the engine, put on the camper canvas and hit the road!
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Well if you like working on boats so much, come on down and work on mine too!
  • Options
    the "RUST" is actually just goo from inside...I lost a lot of coolant recently and I am hoping that's what it is...it does just wipe clean!
  • Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ras I was wondering what I needed to do, hold on OK I'm  done, It took longer to wright this post then to De Winterize my boat. LOL
  • Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Wow, even though I just changed oil in the fall, here's my list..
    1. Change Oil
    2. Change Outdrive Oil
    3. Replace flares (all are out dated)
    4. install VHF Radio
    5. Install new FM Radio
    6. Install 3rd Battery
    7. Install Antenna (dual for both radios)
    8. Install Cabin Lights
    9. Install Battery Charger
    10. Reupholster or rebuild entire cockpit area
    11. Remove 2 jump seats in Cuddy.
    12. Install porta potty in cuddy (removable)
    13. Install refridgerator
    14. Change Battery selector switch to new style with 4 post so all batteries are being charged while under power
    15. Have Bimini fitted with sides
    16. Hull Work, many areas need attention (may be a 2016 project and just rub out and wax hull)
    17. Rework entire dash panel.
    18. Install and Re-Work 12v panels
    19. Install Shore Power inlets
    20. Install closet in Cabin.
    21. Pull floor, re-carpet after fixes.
    22. Install new seating
    23. Install Bolster seat in Captain's area.
    24. Install permanent Wet Bar because I'll need it by then...
    25. Install new speakers
    26. TRY AND REMEMBER TO PUT THE DRAIN PLUG BACK IN.
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    oh yeah, I need to change my Anodes...
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    1. Put plug in
    2. Put boat in water
    3. Put wife on boat
    4. Turn battery's on
    5. Install beer in refrigerator
    6. Install keys into ignition 
    7. Turn keys to ignition
    8. Turn on radio
    9. I can't think of eneything else ?
  • Options
    OK Dog, I get it...
     B)
  • Options
    at's what I'm talking about lucky..........should have my fridge part this weekend...
  • Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Well Dinghy that sounds like a busy weekend!
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Dunk it and go, after dropping 100 gals in the tank of coarse.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    I filled up on the cheap gas...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    I have full tanks of gas to burn as soon as I drop her in.  I'm hoping our gas will be a bit cheaper thru the summer!  Nothing better than burning lots of gas when it is cheap!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I headed down to the fuel dock the other day and it was 2.89 for 89 octane. Gas seems to be dropping again. 2.41, 10 cents down from a week ago, at my usual wheel friendly gas station.
  • Options
    our gas in Fl has been on the rise....regular gas at the filling stations is around 2.39 so I guess we are better than the average but we were under 2 bucks there for a while which was amazing!
  • Options
    You guys don't have a problem on the cheap stuff? I am afraid with the age of my boat to burn anything less than 93
  • Options
    My marina never went below $4.00 per gal, there taking me for a ride, the sad thing is i can get 93 octane ethanol free for 1/2 the price thought my company we buy it in bulk the marina won't allow me to bring gas to my boat 
  • Options
    Cant you get gas at another marina?
  • Options
    Yeah but they are too far away I can't see going 45 minutes to get cheaper gas, By the time we get there it would even itself out. There are two other marinas close by but the gas prices are around the same