Options

Which hotels/motels have big parking lots while we travel?

Hello,

Not sure if this site is the best for this discussion but here goes...We are planning to trailer our 232 accross the country from the bay area in Ca. to the Lake Superior area in No. Wisconsin in July.  We'll probably go on interstate 80 and travel anywhere from 350 to 500 miles a day.  Has anyone done this or do you happen to know which places have spacious parking so we don't have to unhitch every night night?

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I've not made that trip, but it seems that there are usually hotels/motels along the interstates that cater to truck drivers.  I would imagine any of them would have a parking solution for you.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭

you will be fine. I towed my 230 all over and never had a problem. I get out and walk around the lot before pulling if there are blind corners so you don't end up having to back up to get out.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I don't know what it will be like towing my 270 around. That will be interesting.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    puttinputtin Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies...I don't see many parking lots where I'd have the kind of spot pictured.  Most of the time it would probably have to be parked on the street if there's a place.  I'll probably end up having to un hitch most nights unless I can find an alternative.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When planning your trip, pull the hotels up on Google earth and look at the lots before you book the room. That way you could plan the trip around the hotels with the largest parking lots.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    puttinputtin Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Yes, that's a good suggestion too, thanks Greg.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you will find most hotels have amble room to park- when I towed my 270 back from the panhandle, the hotel I stayed at let me park it right out front so it was visible and well lit- same on a trip this past summer as they seem to have more parking than they have rooms.....