Options

New Life's Good

Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
Hope you guys don't mind me sticking a round now that I have gone to the dark side... ;)

Comments

• Options
    Friday wad good bye to little LG...  I'll post more when big LG gets home....
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that means you sold little LG? Nice looking new boat!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Congrats on the new raft. I think that a wealth of knowledge is always welcomed (especially to a new rinker owner)
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Very nice looking ride!  What is between the engines?  Batteries?  I'm assuming you have inboards, v-drives?  Definitely stay involved here, as any boater can learn from another, no matter what brand! (& you have Rinker in you anyway)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your new boat
  • Options
    Vdrives and smooth like butter. Between the engines are 4 6v house batteries.  Both engines have two and genny has 1.  9 in all with a 2800 watt inverter.  Along with a hydrolic sealift swim platform. 

Still own little LG.  Shipped her 150 miles to the broker that brokered the sea ray.  He bought the trailer to sell as a package deal... 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Good luck with your new ride. Just wondering why you did not get another Rinker???
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Raybo,  I mentioned it on another string. Love Rinkers but wanted to get over 40 feet.  410 SR was the right fit since on the west coast especially the NW the biggest rinker here is two 340 and my 320.  The cost and pain to ship from the MW and East does not make sense for me and I also want shafts.  The drives are a hassle to pull the boat annually for service and zincs.  Now a diver can do that along with cleaning the bottom for half the cost.  The only reason to haul out now other than an issue is paint every 3-4 years.

Mark
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    edited March 2015
    Got it makes sense now that you explained it. The new boat looks awesome and I wish you the best of luck. I had straight inboards on my Carver and the maintenance was a lot less. However I love the way the stern drives handle and I can only leave the boat in the water for 6 months so the stern drives work very well for me. Good luck bro I am sure your going to love the new ride.......  
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice! I'm sure you'll have tons of fun with her.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet! I would have to win the lotto to step up to that but it does look nice!

Congrats-
  • Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    That's a sharp looking boat! Enjoy LG! 

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Why did you get gas engines instead of diesels? I thought SR only put diesels in their 40 foot boats.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Very nice!! (For a non Rinker) lol
  • Options
    The few with diesels around the NW were not well maitained and the others are in the MW and East coast and to expensive to ship... also the CATS 16s and 26s are temperamental high maintenance costs and disposible not rebuildable. 8.1 gas perform equally well and much cheaper to maintain. And if one was to blow, then much much less expensive to replace or rebuild. And one last thing, the boat doesn't smell like diesel making everything stink...
  • Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I would say that our next step would be to leave Rinker. We currently have a 380 and we would like to go a little bigger with a hydraulic platform and lose the outdrives. Rinker conks out at the 360 which is really the old 342 foot print.  Anything new with Rinker would be a step back for us. 
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC