Options

converting a 360ec into a coupe. Full windshield

unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
hello everyone. Has anyone considered converting the 360ec into a coupe. that is a full windshield. i wonder how difficult or easy it would be to have a customize windshield done for this boat and removing the current one.

Anyone ever thought of this?? I strongly feel that this model setup is the best cruiser on the market. Having the option of coupe would be perhaps nice. I know my wife loves the open setup. I am 50-50. 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    The 360EC is a beautiful boat, have one I pass first on my dock.  Having a full windshield would be nice not having to deal with the front isinglass, but you'd probably still want the walk thru windshield if possible.  I'd have to think it would have to be completely customized, which could cost some big bucks.  Let us know what you find out.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Taylor Made would make one?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    I'd say the walk-thru is a gotta-have ... mostly for safety, but also for ventilation.  You might also look at how stability would be affected by adding that amount of weight so high on the boat.
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Is there really enough walking space along the rails so that you wouldn't need a walk-through ?   We always use our bow, whether its to drop a fender, lock the windlass or just hanging out with a glass of wine, that walk through is very important to us.  
    I think your idea would look GREAT !!!   maybe tilt out windows for ventilation, but I wouldn't know where to begin to get something like that done. It would be FULL CUSTOM. 
    When you figure it out out us know. It will certainly be unique, I'd love to see it !