Options

Replaced mood lighting down below in our 342

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
I pulled out most of the rope light down below to replace it with led strips.  The front section in the v berth (around mirror) is giving me some fits but I'll figure it out. 

When I turned off the other lights and turned on the mood lighting to see how it looked I noticed a dim glow from the mid cabin.  I went back there and sure enough I found where they ran it across the back.  Only 1 filament is still working.  I'm tempted to just cut the power to it. 

So aside from the galley, the dinette and the 3 pieces in the V berth, and my latest discovery in the mid berth, is there any other place down below where they hid this stuff?

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    I think you covered all of it. Those rope lights suck considerable power so replacing them with leds is a good idea if you use them anchoring out. Personally, I changed all my overhead lights with leds a long time ago. I haven't changed the mood lighting because they still work and I only use them at the marina.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Yes, I've done the same as Ron.  Although it would be nice to use the mood lighting while anchored a bit more.  I might just see how my led lights go that I put on the hardtop and wait a year and then use something like it down below.  They'd have the option to switch color and have a remote as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express