Options

Atwood water heater manual

The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
Here is the Atwood water heater manual in case anyone needs it.

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

Comments

• Options
    BriteEyesBriteEyes Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

So I'm having trouble with my hot water heater.  Last year same issue and a friend took junction box off and hit the reset button.  I attempted to do the same yesterday but when I look at my junction box and the page in the manual - I now believe I was looking at the wrong part.  I was looking at the aqua box that had a black wire coming out of top screw.  Should I follow that black wire to find where "A" is on page 14 of the manual to reset?  When I took junction box off there was a black plastic piece covering both top and bottom - so is "A" in the top part since I didn't see it (only looked at bottom part)?

has anyone removed their junction box and had to reset it by depressing "A" like we had to last year and now appears again?

trying to rule everything out before purchasing a new heater?

any assistance as my husband has passed and now I'm the captain and this is all new to me

• Options

You could try and reset but my problem ended up being the wiring connector. So where the heater connects to the boat there was a pin in the connector that had recessed and not made the "black"  connection. You may want to have the circuits 'pinned out'.

Good luck, Rich

• Options
    BriteEyesBriteEyes Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Rich
    Thanks for update. An electrician tested there was power.
    Ironically the manual picture doesn't match exactly what I am seeing.
    How can I tell if it is an Atwood?  Are there other models I should investigate
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    What trouble are you having? 
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It should have a manufacture label on the electrical cover. Mine also had power to it but the black wire completes the circuit.

• Options