Options

Fridge replacement time ( old one is a Dometic 750000012 ) for a Rinker EC320 (2006)

For those that want to know what that part number REALLY is, it's a Dometic Tundra refrigerator, model # TJ42. (long story behind that model  WAS made in MX, but after a RPG caught the place on fire, they are no longer made there and NO parts). SO you have to start over. Now that is why I'm sending this email out. Has anyone replaced theirs? Everyone is telling me to get a  CR-1110U/F 3.8CF AC/DC or a The 3.8 CU refrigerator we have in stock is CR 1065E/F-SS-74802.145.20. Rinker part number 2580219 or even a Vitrifrigo C115.

I want to see what others have put in your boat.  Also what did you do to get the OLD ONE OUT!!! looks like I have to take out the rubber molding, and take off the door stopper to have the sliding door open all the way. That way I can get about 21-22 inch to get that old fridge out of the boat. 
Marco

NO, that is NOT my car or plane, but I ALWAYS DREAM BIG  :)

Comments

• Options
    marcop300marcop300 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Crazy, how no one has replaced the fridge yet. just FYI. I order the  
    i talked with 

Rob Reisinger
    HVAC Sales Engineering

281-474-3276 Ext-133
    804-502-8500 Mobile
    281-474-2714 Fax
    800-767-7606
    rob.reisinger@aersupply.com

and HOPING it's going to  work. Will let you all know.

By the way, to get the OLD fridge out, you have to take off the molding, cut a hole in the wire hardness behind  the controls (so you can get to the door stopper off) take out the 2 screws on the stopper (through the holes you just made), take off the silicone from the stopper, then the Galley door will slide all the way open. you will now have 22.5 inches to get the old one out. its a pain, but it works. the Fridge is less that $800.00
    Marco

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same Tundra fridge and it's still humming along.  But it's good to see that someone makes a fairly direct replacement.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    the last owner used a ICE PICK to defrost the freezer part. :p  Lets just say, it had HOLEs all in the evaporator. That is why I'm replacing it 
    Marco

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marcop300 said:
    the last owner used a ICE PICK to defrost the freezer part. :p  Lets just say, it had HOLEs all in the evaporator. That is why I'm replacing it 
    That sucks...
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Some people should not be allowed to own boats or operate power tools.  I believe the previous owner of your boat is one of them.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    ha ha ha... Agree 100000% :)

Marco

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Get an A/C guy and replace the evaporator. A friend of mine did 2 last year at my club
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com