Options

Replacement lights for a Rinker 2006 EC320 Anyone convert to LED yet?

I'm looking to replace these FIRE hazard lights :)  with some less wattage, more brighter, LED type lights. Anyone do that yet? Do you recommend a brand, type or a site that I can get these from? I don't mind on cutting the cable to run a new type powr plug to it. Would like one that is about 6 inches round. I want to cover over the burn spots. I don't know if previous owner put large bulbs in there but looks like boat could have caught fire.

Please let me know what you had done to replace these. Thanks

Marco

NO, that is NOT my car or plane, but I ALWAYS DREAM BIG  :)

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW that was close. Did you forget to turn it off for a month? There are a lot of LED bulb replacements out there. 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I got a set of replacements at one of the boat shows.  They are about the size of a quarter with the G4 style pins coming off the side.  So they plug into the existing fixtures.  I ordered some on-line and they were not very bright.  The ones I got in person were MUCH brighter.  Think I paid about $7 each.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    marcop300marcop300 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    i see the org lights are made by 
    www.optronicsinc(dot)com/PRODUCTS/RVLighting/RVDomeUtility/Products.aspx?SeriesID=314

So your saying, you just replaced the BULB in the same light kit, with a LED? I guess I can order new ones and then replace the bulbs. Most of mine look brown now from all the heat. I want to get ride of all of them. Do you remember the name of yours, that you used to replace it with?

Marco

• Options
    @stodge did you replace it with something like this?
    Marco

• Options
    hanzelvhhanzelvh Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    just use following type, fits perfectly in standard housing. I started at one housing with the 2,1 watts, but that was to much. I used for the others the 1,2 watts, warm white. Saved me lots of Amps and keeps my beer 2 days longer cold
    previous 280EC with VP D4-260, now Bavaria 33HT with twin VP 4,3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    edited March 2015

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I got all my lights replaced with led including running lights anchor ect.... With this company free shipping from China and good price just make sure that you know a little bit about lumen
    before ordering it could be a bit confusing

http://stores.ebay.com/automotiveelectronicequipment?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 (less)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I odered these lights and they WORK GRRRReat!!! Didn't cost much for 10 of them. Even used the same light fixtures
    Marco

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    check out Superbrightleds.com, they pretty much have all the styles and colors covered.  I replaced all my interior lights with led replacement bulbs, some white, some bright white and some blue.  they work great and cost a fraction of the cost of the fixture you are looking to replace.  I have left them on overnight, and found that in the morning, the plastic lens on the light fixture is still cool.  
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    Marcop300, any chance those will work in the lights on the radar arch as well?  I just ordered for the interior following your link, but just curious. 
    If not, anyone know which model is needed to replace those bulbs to LEDs?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replaced my arch lights with the tricolor ones made by ITC marine model 69660ss from Amazon. They give you LED with red, blue or white light all in one unit.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you pick the color?
  • Options
    How do you pick the color?
    Flip the switch off and back on.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @summerx, i don't know.  I just wanted to replace galley lights 1st. After I get Fridge, TV done then I will work on more bulb to LEDs
    Marco

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Summerx, the arch lights are festoon type bulbs.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks DI.  I am thinking about order the tricolor ones for the arch and replacing the fixtures.  If I do that, I would also like to change out the courtesy lights around the cockpit to match.  Anyone found any of those which would work in conjuntion with the tricolor arch lights?
    thanks in advance!
    Craig
  • Options
    @summerx, do you have the small LED courtesy lights? If so, ITC marine made them and you can change them to blue. I haven't found a tricolor replacement for them. The small LED lights are model number 69300H-X (W for white, A for Amber, B for Blue). 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Yes, they are the smaller, oval shaped lights.  If I change them out, I want them to be the tricolor ones.  Not sure I would want blue all the time?  I would want them all to be the same 3 colors that would switch together.  I know I don't want much....lol.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    you are going to be flipping a lot of switches in your attempt to get all the colors to match up.  I made a mistake last year and ordered RGB color changing bulbs for my arch. Thinking I could stop the cycle of colors at any one of the multitude of colors that they create. Only problem was, the individual bulbs cycled at a very slightly different rate. For the first minute, they were in unison, but after that, each bulb was a different color and the inside of my cockpit at night looked like something off of Saturday Night Fever.  Best of luck in your quest !!  I ended up doing blue overhead lights, and keeping the white LED courtesy lights down low. I found that while sitting at the dock at night, ANY LIGHT...regardless of what color you choose is a mosquito magnet. Bringing in hordes of gnats, and other flying creatures.  Probably the best time to use your inside arch lights is either while your canvass is buttoned up tight, or your are entering or exiting your marina, since ANY bright light in the cockpit at night while under way is just an annoyance and makes seeing outside your boat difficult and distracting.
  • Options
    @summerx, I changed mine to blue. I don't mind them being blue all the time. As of right now, I haven't been able to find and tricolor lights that small. Then again, I didn't look too hard since I wanted a direct replacement.

@Dirtythirty, I only have my arch lights on while at the dock or while tied up to one of the wharfs in Pittsburgh. I usually go with blue, but sometimes red is cool. I do agree with not having them on while underway. I have a hard enough time with the Clarion remote that is bright as he**. I added the illumination from that to the dash dimmer, which has helped it a lot.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    thanks for the info.  I am not sure I would want blue all the time.  I will keep looking to find some selectable ones if I am going to make the change
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Look on ebay many sellers, got mine from China and very sastisfied and cheap.

3c-made-in-china
    99.1% positive feedback

Based in China, 3c-made-in-china has been an eBay member since Dec 29, 2009

Feedback ratingsSee all feedback
    23,160Item as described
    23,004Communication
    23,111Shipping time
    24,575Shipping charges
    Positive
    198Neutral
    243Negative
    Feedback from the last 12 months