Options

TV's for a 2006 Rinker EC320

Anyone replace their TV with a larger one? Can you share some pics (or email me)? I would like to replace that small (DC) one with a larger AC one (or larger DC one). I would like to see how you mounted it and maybe not have it stick out to much. Also would like to know if you just made a 110AC plug behind it and just put up a regular HD TV and antenna..etc

Thanks
Marco

NO, that is NOT my car or plane, but I ALWAYS DREAM BIG  :)

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered a 24 inch Jensen 12V DC TV from Camping World(.com).  They had them for $309.  Wanted one without a DVD player as I found a dash mounted 12V BluRay player to feed it with.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    marcop300marcop300 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I see that on the site, looks nice (also great price). Did you mount it in your 2002 FV 242 or do you have a Rinker EC320??. I'm looking to get something larger, like a 32 in. I see Jensen makes a 32In. I want to see how people are mounting it in the Rinker 320. Thanks for your reply Stodge. its my 1st time to that website. has some good deals.

Marco

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an Axess TV/DVD 12 volt TV last season. The picture is decent. I would get a 12vdc TV if I was looking so you can use it with out the genset. Here is a link to a 32" model that is 12 volts.

http://www.majestic-global.us/led-tv/32-32-led-tv-with-usb-mmmi.html
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @stodge i see you have a 2002 FV 342 , looks like the same setup of a EC320. Do you have any pics of your TV? mount? where you put it..etc??? did you have to mod the door, to add the bigger TV?

Marco

• Options
    It's not installed yet.  Just ordered it Sunday.  But the plan is to put it where Rinker puts them now on the blank spot over the entrance to the mid-berth.  I discovered that there is a plywood headliner that I'm thinking of using for the mount point.  Still have to figure out the best approach for the mount.

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    The 320 should be similar or the same as my 312, I put two tv's in the cabin, one in the aft cabin, and one on the bulk head to the entrance of the aft cabin to be viewed from the v berth.

It looks great and works really well.  I used a hdmi splitter, so the tv's can watch the same thing or something different like play video games on one, watch a movie on the other etc...

Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Cabin view
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    trying to load pictures...
    Post edited by Weber on
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    One more time.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    Did you use an "arm" for the TV in the main salon?

And is the outboard down there to power your blender?

• Options
    Both are on a cheap articulating mount, so they can be moved and adjusted as needed for better viewing.  I store the outboard for the dinghy using a short pole in the table mount, it's completely out of the way and secured good.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    Ha ha. Yeah, I had a double take on that outboard. The 2nd pic is a great location. Mine now is ON that door in your pic (to the right of your tv). The screen is only like 11in.  That is why we are wanting a larger one. What size and model is yours? And how did u mount it? 
    Marco

• Options
    Both tv's are 24" Led.  We have 4 kids, so have the tv I. The aft cabin tv was the best thing I have done on the boat.  The outboard mount was next best thing.

I removed the old tv in the cabinet and use that for storage, on top of it we have a PS3 and a blueray player.

to mount both tv's I used this mount:  http://www.wayfair.com/Cheetah-Mounts-Articulating-Arm-Tilt-Swivel-Wall-Mount-for-12-24-LCD-ALAMB-XQY1004.html

I had to use a block to extend it out 1-1/2" so it would fit, so I used a piece of 2x4 cut to size and painted it black, you can see it but if you do it looks really good like part of the mount or trim.  I through bolted the mount through the wood block and through the cabinet with some fender washers.  It is secured really well, and has had no issues in some really rough conditions.  One then main cabin tv I modified the mount buy placing both the spacers in the mount towards the bottom, this raised the tv up about another inch to give more head room entering the aft cabin.  It now is level with the opening.

The mount was cheaper when I bought two of them, I believe the were $15 with free shipping.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    All the wires are zip tied to the mount and ran into the cabinet, so it is a nice clean look.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    I put a 22" AC TV mounted on the existing door. On my 320 I have an DC plug so I used an inverter to power the tv. I couldn't believe the door mounting holes lined up with the new tv and I didn't have to drill anything...
  • Options
    I took more pic this last week. I think i'm going to order the Jensen 24" and a mount it to the inside wood in door. If it fits without mount, then it would be awesome. Will also mount just a little offset to the left, so the door will still open. I just hope that wood an mount will hold 11lbs (even when there are 4+ foot waves) 
    Marco

• Options
    You should be good to go!

Mine is year older and doesn't have the same type of door on that cabinet.  Mine was a tube tv that set inside the cabinet.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Hi Capt Ron. I have a 2009 320 and would like to replace the original TV with a larger one. What brand/model TV did you purchase? being able to go with a larger TV that can mount using the same holes as the original is appealing to me.
  • Options
    marcop300, I had the same TV and mount on my boat. When I removed the old TV, I reversed the wood mount to get it closer to the front edge of the door. I was able to use the same holes as the original TV.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Camping World had the Jensen 24 inch for $309.  Just got mine last week.  Hope to have it in place soon.  It is going over the opening for the mid-berth.  Got a 12v BluRay player to feed it.  It's going where the old CD changer used to be.  

• Options
    Cableguy Greg you said you bought a TV, what model did and was a perfect fit?  I know you said, you moved the mount a little over to get the DVD to work. Also, what Antenna did you use? i may have to change mine. I want to pick up local Chs not real watch DVDs. 
    Marco

• Options
    I used the antenna that is on the arch. Most if not all off-air HD channels are broadcast in the UHF spectrum, and the arch antenna is a VHF/UHF antenna, so it will work. Depending on where I am at, I get from 12-20 channels off air with the existing antenna.

I got the Axess TVD1801-19 19" TV/DVD combo. it is a 12vdc TV with a 120vac adapter. I just have it plugged into the existing DC wire so I can watch it anywhere. The picture straight on in great. At an angle, it is just ok, but it works for me. I reversed the mount for the old TV to get the wood part of it closer to the door. If I recall, I needed a couple of washers for spacers and different metric screws to get into the TV. Just be careful on the length of the screws. If they are too long, it will damage the TV. The 19" model covers the hole in the door except for the bottom. There is a 3/4 inch gap from the old TV that is exposed. I used some thick black weather strip to cover the hole and you wouldn't notice it if it wasn't pointed out to you. You could bump up to the 22" model if you want a bigger TV and to cover the hole completely. This winter I did get a mount for the TV so I can change the viewing angle. I haven't installed it yet since the boat is still in storage. I was going to get it out this weekend, but that isn't happening. Hopefully next weekend, so I could get some pictures for you.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I did look at the Axess i just did not know if the DVD player would still load from the right. So I was thinking to get this mount  www(dot)amazon.com/VideoSecu-Monitor-Articulating-Bracket-ML10B/dp/B000ID7QNI/ref=pd_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0438V3XZW6J8EMFZRZWM then i would have room to move the TV or even change the angle of it. one thing i don't like about this mount is i hope i stop the TV from moving around when i close it into the door frame. I just don't want it popping out and swinging around during large waves and boat moving (while driving).

I will order the 22 in and see how it works. I hope the old Antenna will work for this model. Thanks for your help.

Marco

• Options

Marco

• Options
    I got a 2-way adjustable bracket from Monoprice, model MLA100-S. I liked the idea of the full articulating, but I didn't want it to move around while underway.

As long as you are somewhat close to a city, the antenna should work fine.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    OK, TV is on order. Getting the Jensen 22in,  also order the Rinker PN# 2290549         Digital TV antenna, Majestic, UFO Mini deck mount       $233.50
    (hope that is not whats already on the boat), I did not take pic of it.  Also odered the Mount above and a smaller FIXed one if it moves too much. Will keep you all posted. maybe in 2 weeks i will install them.

Marco

• Options

Finally got the TV mounted.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Looks nice up there!  Great job @stodge!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    That is a great spot for a TV @Stodge! Looking good!!!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    wm61356 said:
    Hi Capt Ron. I have a 2009 320 and would like to replace the original TV with a larger one. What brand/model TV did you purchase? being able to go with a larger TV that can mount using the same holes as the original is appealing to me.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, my email notification never worked for me on this site.. I just went to Walmart and bought a cheap LED 22"... TV's of this size all have similar mounting dimensions so buying a tv of this size should match the mounting bracket... for the life of me I will never understand why boat manufacturers don't put bigger tv's in their boats?? Even the million dollar ones have inadequate tv's.