What is different about a liberty edition?

qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
I sold my 02 FV250 this winter and stepped down to a sportier 05 232 captiva cuddy. It's a liberty edition, but I can't find anything that says what that includes. Any ideas? Also, this particular boat doesn't have the bow rail. As I search, that seems pretty uncommon. Is the bow rail an option, or was this boat a custom "delete"? Thanks!
2005 Captiva 232 Liberty Edition, MX6.2/B3, Corsa

Comments

• JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure its mostly a cosmetic / decals package. maybe they packaged it with a better stereo setup or something like the current RLS. If you could find a brochure for that year it'd probably tell you.

I dont think I've ever seen a cuddy without a bow rail, so that would definitely be an "interesting" delete. You could always install one yourself if you felt it was needed.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    That makes sense. I couldn't see anything different than any other 232. As for the bow rail, that is odd. If I wanted to add it, I'm assuming it's probably a small fortune and would require dropping the cuddy headliner. So I doubt I'll be doing that. lol
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the Liberty Edition was just graphics. All of the cuddy's came with a bow rail so you can sit up top and have something to hold on to. Your boat without it has to be a custom delete.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I bought it from the original owner so I sent him an email. He did custom order it without the bow rail. He said for a few reasons, he didn't care for the way it looked,  he didn't want to have water pool up on the mooring cover, and he didn't want his kids tripping over it when jumping from the bow. To each their own I guess. lol Hopefully it won't be an issue not having it.
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, to each their own I guess. The rail really does help with moving the boat around at the dock, but I guess you can just use the windshield or have a dock line right by the cleat if you think you'll need it. I do agree the low-height rails are a trip hazard if you're walking/running on the bow all the time, but I use them all the time when pulling up the anchor, especially on bouncy days.

I wonder if you could install a bow rail with just screws, versus thru-bolted. That would solve the headliner issue.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3