Options

Anchor size 232 Captiva BR 2005

Skippy79Skippy79 Member Posts: 29
edited April 2015 in Generator Discussions
What weight and size anchor fits in the anker space under the front cushion?

I've got a crap anchor that came with the boat and need it replaced.

the boat weights +/-4500lbs, so what size would be recommended?

thanks
Post edited by Skippy79 on

Comments

• Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I have an 8# anchor and it should work fine, #12 would be best but it all comes down to making sure you have enough rode (really depends on the depth you are anchoring in, I am in Lake Erie in the Great Lakes and have a 15' rode-chain-3/8" and 200' of 7/16 anchor line which is 100' more than I really need. I only worry about keeping it off the rocks if I am in trouble between ports (We don't anchor and swim and only anchor on 4th of July to see 10 firework displays)
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    oh yeah, what are you anchoring in? I do mostly sand and mud and it's a fluted anchor.
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    Skippy79Skippy79 Member Posts: 29
    We'll be anchoring in sand and grass mostly.

I have 1.5m anchor chain and 100m anchor line, more than enough for where we anchor.

I just need an anchor that fits in it's place under the bow cushion, and works properly

• Options
    Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2004 232 Captiva BR and bought a Danforth style (Tie Down Engineering) Hi Tensile anchor from West Marine #321994. I had to cut 1/4-1/2" off each end of the stabilizer bar to get it to fit in my anchor locker. Works good in mud and sand.
  • Options
    Robyw1Robyw1 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I use the small box anchor in my 232. when folded up it fits nicely in the front under the bow cushion. I also have a reel with over 100' of line stored down there with it.