Options

Starboard for decking?

My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
Found some stuff called 'Starboard'. It's a real hard plastic and was thinking about decking the boat in it and then fiberglassing it in, anyone ever use STARBOARD? Any help would be appreciated.
Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.

Comments

• Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    I've used Starboard for But just for small applications like underneath my AC and underneath my water heater and pumps To stop corrosion, I don't think I would use it for decking it's really smooth and even though it has a Rough side, I would just use marine plywood I believe you're fiberglass would stick better to it, Also your screws will Seat a lot better In the marine plywood than they would in the starboard.
  • Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Thanks Dog, think that the more I read about it, no way I was spending $1000 just for 64 sq ft of decking
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.