Options

Considering an upgrade

rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
All. Been thinking about upgrading to a bigger boat. What do you all think my 04 312 with about 500 hours on it is worth?  It is in very good condition and well maintained.  I also have a like new triple axele aluminum trailer with it. I was thinking around 55k. does that seem about right?  Too high or low?  

Just looking for opinions.  If anyone knows someone who may be interested let me know.  I have not officially decided what to do yet but if someone is looking for a boat like that it would make my decision easier. 

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

Comments

• Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
  • Options
    cool. Thanks.  Based on that im a little below the low retail. So that should be a fair asking price I guess.  If anyone is interested. Let me know.   Thanks. 

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Got any pics?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    312, I think you aren't too far off on price for a start, but I'd still guess a tad high.  I have seen 342s of the same year list in the mid 50's, albeit no trailer.  It also depends a lot on the local area, as it does differ across regions.  There are lots to choose from in my area.

What size you looking to move to?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    270. I don't have any handy but if you go and click on my name and go look at some of my discussions there are some pics there. I did a ton of work on her this winter, can't believe I am thinking about this,but when the wife says she thinks we need a bigger boat, then I guess I should take advantage of it. She is all buffed out and looking good, and the interior is in very good condition. I'll take some pics this weekend and post back. 

Dream. When I did the Nada thing online it did include the trailer. I bet the trailer alone could easily sell for 13k. All aluminum, stainless hardware, led waterproof lights, electric over hydraulic brakes,3 6000 lb tortion axles.  I spared no expense on the trailer.  I could sell them separately too I guess. That would bring the price of the boat down to 42k. I'm looking at something in the 40 foot range if I'm gonna do this then im gonna do it and not have to say that I wish I had gone bigger. 

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything bigger will have to stay in the water which equals: Double expenses
  • Options
    Handy, double expenses?  really??  I'd say that one is really tough to say not knowing what his expenses are now using his trailer, which can add up.  Cost of fuel hauling boat, larger truck to tow, trailer cost and maintaining trailer.  I am betting my overall cost for maintaining and keeping my boat on the lift is less than someone with their 312 using their trailer.

312, you may have an easier time selling them separate because I bet there are plenty of people that would want the boat without the trailer.  There are also plenty of people that would want a very nice trailer for their boat as well.  Just a thought. Most people, when looking for a boat, are going to look at the overall price and say hmmm, this boat is 42k and this one is mid 50's.  I'll look at the 42k first, even if they do need or want a trailer.  Again, this isn't all people, but I know in my boating area people just don't use trailers very often and would not fork out much money for them.  (I hope this does not come off the wrong way, just trying to help you see more options and sell that boat so you can move up to something bigger sooner!).
    Good luck with your sell and hopefully new purchase!

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with a lift that cuts out a lot of expenses but you would have to put it on land to pull the drives. 
  • Options
    Yes, the drive removal is that one thing!  I haven't figured that one out yet.  But I change drive lube from the raft. 

• Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Price the boat without trailer but give the option of the trailer at a higher price in your advertisement.  Like Dream says, the lower price will catch someones eye.

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    good point all. I will definitely list the trailer as an option. I only use the trailer to pull the boat for maintenance so keeping boat in water won't double up my expense but I will now need to pay for a travel lift to pull it out. But my next boat will definitely not have out drives so if I understand from talking to others on my dock that have inboards they only pull their boats every 3 to 4 years just to redo the bottom paint and anodes. And they say that their anodes are barely consumed. Does this sound accurate?  

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds about right for a boat on the Tennessee River. In the water down by me would be an entirely different story. It'd be grown to the bottom with the anodes long gone after 3yrs.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl