Options

Finally on the road, dropping off the trailer

Well I finished my winter trailer rebuilding project and dropped it off for the dealer so they could load the boat on the trailer for me. I replaced everything except the original 5200# axles. Hope the boat fits.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. Here's a couple trailer dimension pics I posted a while back for another road warrior. Make sure you end up with about 7-8% nose wt on the tongue and it should pull well. Get an IR heat detector to check the hub n tire temps regularly too.

Lastly, make sure the ball/hitch height is set so both/all trailer tires are carrying a relatively level load.

Where's your spare? Do you have all the stuff to safely do a tire change with the boat on it? Roadside messes are a drag...... pun intended :D

Be safe and have fun. Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Thanks I used your pictures to figure a couple this out as I set up the trailer. Going to put a heavy duty bow stop on the trailer once the boat is set on the trailer so I get good dimensions.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Glad it helped! I often load mine by myself and it's as easy as a bass boat with the right steps and a good ramp. Good stout guides at the stern are critical to get the bunk alignment right. Clean up, wash down, rinse/dry.......... not like a bass boat :smiley: 

Have a great summer. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, the clean up last much longer than the fun.....I load and unload mine myself as well and have that pretty much under control- I went to the Daytona area last weekend and was really nervous but went fine.....