Options

Kenwood radio

im new here just bought my 2002 342 trying to figure every thing out already put it in Niagara river had to dodge ice bergs like playing astroids,but I'm crazy for the water ( I just moved up from a 2655) wanted to get a early start on season it safely in the Erie Canal now. Already spent night on it at dock presently fixing motor to hatch.starboard wiper motor also not working  i'm thinking I have to remove the second panel in the galley to get at that hopefully it will be easy my mechanics going to do it for me ,had to prime the ac/heat unit luckily I have an awesome machanic I would have never know about priming the ac/heat.anyhow the stereo is the original kenwood and I have 4 kids they were trying to sleep while me an a few of my friends  One of which was my awesome mechanic  were on deck having a few cocktails figuring it all out but their appears to be no fade on the radio I plan on  spending every weekend on the water so I would like to be able to shut off the speakers downstairs any ideas if I change the head unit I still want the remotes to work I'm very surprised there's no balance or fade on this unit  does the panel above the TV come down easily when I remove the two screws  The stereo sounds good and I didn't really want to change it yet any ideas on how to mute the speakers in the galley when I'm hanging out upstairs 
2002 Rinker FV 342

Comments

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
     Not really sure how to ask a question yet on the site or if I'm even in the right spot 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The down-below speakers are set with the fader on the stereo.  I think forward is the v berth and back is the cockpit.  I found that out the hard way.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    I can't figure out how to put it forward I have the manual and it shows me nothing about fade
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Bella,  Hit the blue button in the bottom right corner for at least 1 second.  The radio will go into settings mode, use the fm/am buttons to toggle between fader, treble,bass,etc.  The fronts are the v-berth speakers, the rear are the cockpit.  When you are done press the blue button on the bottom right again.
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get us the model of the radio, it would help a lot.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Bella...We have the same boat and I still have the factory stereo. I will be going to the boat tomorrow and I will check how to cut off the front speakers. I have done it before but don't remember for sure. Very similar to what wildboating said but I think on my boat the button you push and hold is in the upper right and is triangular shaped. Will confirm this tomorrow.

I think the 2002 342 is the most popular boat on the forum.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    Top right of radio has 3 buttons. Press and hold middle button, next to triangle button.
    use. Am/fm buttons to scroll thru settings and left/right buttons to change settings.

sent from the boat

len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    Thanks skynyrd 
    2002 Rinker FV 342