Postpartum boat sale depression. It's the RBO moderators fault.

TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Generator Discussions
Well...... It's been a good run but it's done. Our sweet FV270 is sold. I'm gonna need a boat rehab and a case of rum to deal with our post postpartum depression.

The Rinker was a great experience. Truly the best. What a great design. We used it for everything I could have imagined and more and we sure met some great folks on this forum. I lost count of how many we actually crossed paths with in the 3yrs we owned this boat too. Along with all those that you get to know like family but haven't met face to face.

I give all the credit for finding our new found friends (and the enjoyment of maintaining our boat) to the efforts of the people who openly share their love and knowledge of these boats on this forum and especially to the moderators who struggled through a complete website meltdown and rebuild of the site along with the ever constant guard against spammers/hackers.

You've done an admirable thing and impacted many boaters in a very positive way! KUDOS to you all. Keep up the good work.

I suppose I'll keep barging in on a thread now/then so take it easy on me as I live vicariously through your boating experiences.

The new owners are a local young family and will undoubtedly need your insight as things inevitably arise. I suppose I'll be on standby to do a seatrial and repair just to stay in practice if they truly get the boating bug as strongly as we had. Time for the next generation of Rinker mariners to rise to the call just as the last one's have. There's a great core group here too.

Really enjoyed the whole experience. It's the RBO moderators fault! :smiley: Great job!

Fair Winds and smooth seas to our Rinker family. Aloha, Mike and Kelli

A parting youtube link and a pic....

>>>>  https://youtu.be/OANWnmAZEZg   <<<<<<

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come back soon and often!
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike...... You, sir, are unauthorized to leave.   Considering such is grounds for a **** and grab by operatives of the Rinker mafia. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Mike thanks for the kind words. You are always welcome here. Wish you and Kelli nothing but the best. Your words of wisdom will be sorely missed....... Thank you for all your input over the years. Good luck bro and keep in touch.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
     Mike, I know better to think you can both leave your boat and this forum! :D   Welcome to the start of something new, always remembering the fun times that took you there!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike- A year ago just about I was trying to find a boat and stumbled across this forum and you responded to my endless rambling of boats I was considering and the possible pitfalls- your help was priceless and I will really miss the "voice of reasoning" that you offered. Had the timing been better, I figure the Tiki Hut would have been mine! I sure hope you stick around to offer input and your knowledge for those of us that love to tinker- good luck with what ever you tackle next!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Mike, good luck and don't forget to tell us when you buy your new Rinker. You know it just might happen, lol.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Thanks of all the valuable advice and tips you've shared. There are highs and lows of boat ownership, like everything in life. I was out on my boat yesterday and saw a pod of grey whales. Amazing scenes of nature like that keep me addicted to the boating life. Cheers and good luck.
    Andy