Options

Need Help - Gelcoat Color Code

MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all,

I have a couple of cracks on one of my helm steps that I'd like to repair. Looks like it cracked due to impact, not sure. Anyhow, I'm struggling to get the color code/name of the gelcoat used on my helm. I've tried contacting Cindy Scott at Rinker, but she is out of the office.

I have a 2011 Rinker 260 EC - helm is a taupe color.  Here is a picture with the crack and another of the helm.

Just wondering if any of you would happen to know the color, and where I can order the gelcoat.

Thanks.

photo helm step_zps59oczfy6jpg

photo Helm_zps2c2f5cddjpg

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectrum Color should be able to help. You might need to email Cindy at Rinker to get the color to order.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Called Spectrum and they don't have the code for my boat. Have to get it through Rinker, and Cindy is the person. My gelcoat guy has good connections, he is going to sort it out for me. Hopefully I will have the gelcoat next week.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    OK, got the code from Cindy Scott at Rinker. That woman is awesome, very quick response.  Helm on 2011 Rinkers is Warm Grey.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    So my gelcoat is discontinued, and they will only make 1 gallon batches on order for over $200. No thanks. I have had to order something close to the same. Hopefully it will match.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    MarkB
    Any good gelcoat man can match the colour or you can buy some pigmentation and do it yourself . Those colour pigmentation are concentrate so it take just a tiny bit. Mix some and before adding the hardener spread some where you need it. Look a it from a distance (1 meter) and adjust the colour,then look at it sideway(Flop) if too dark use the lightest colour in you mix if too light add the darkest colour .use a pin head to add colour.
  • Options
    Thanks frenchship.  I did color match 2 other gelcoats, and ordered the test kits for $21 each.  It'll be close enough for what I want to do, and probably a better match than what I can do by mixing myself.

"Boat + Water = Fun"