Options

Rinker 342 sleeping accomodations

majomamajoma Member Posts: 19
I understand that on the forward berth you have to sleep perpendicular to the center line of the boat. Is that true?

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
     Or part of you will hang off...or unless you are really short. ;)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,541 mod
    Your feet might hang out a bit if you're over six feet tall.  (I don't have membership in that club.)  It wouldn't be hard to make a little pull-out extension, which I think would be much more comfortable than sleeping sideways.  On mine, the berth sloped just a little bit towards the stern. 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm 6 foot and we sleep with our heads at the anchor locker.  I thought about sleeping port to starboard, but the storage corners near the galley and dinette made that a little awkward.

If I stretch straight out my feet hang off, but I normally sleep on my side in an S shape.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sleep in the rear berth.
  • Options
    majomamajoma Member Posts: 19
    We'll see. I am going to look at one next week.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    We sleep in the aft cabin....much more comfortable that way for us.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    Wife and one kid sleeps in aft cabin and me and our 2 other kids sleep up front heads toward anchor locker.  I put a bed rail up that supports under the mattress so the kids don't fall down that huge jump up their.   :)
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    We put both our kids in the rear birth head to toe, and us in the front.  Granted it's a 360.  The occasional "stop touching me" argument is worth the privacy.  Part of the reason we chose the 360 over the 342 was the larger front birth and more importantly the door that kept the kids separate. Checkmate It sounds like you need that !
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    In all seriousness....we always use the aft berth as our sleeping location. the bed is larger, its not contorted so as to sleep sideways on the boat. and its closer to the head. (not a huge deal when its probably only 3 feet away as opposed to 5 feet away)  Anyway, our 9 year old son feels VERY IMPORTANT knowing his room is the main (forward) berth.  
  • Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I'm 6'5" (that is why I love my Rinker) and we sleep in the forward berth sideways.  I always sleep great when on the boat.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    The doors would be awesome craigswardmtb.  My neighbor is looking at buying 420 rinker.  He was showing me pics and both forward and rear had doors.   I told him that was the only extra thing that I wished my 342 had.  Other than that my rinker has everything I need.   Does your 420 have both state rooms with doors dirtythirty?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    The 400 and 420 both have front/rear doors.  Definitely a nice thing when you have kids!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express