Florida Keys for Memorial day weekend anyone?

TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Southeast U.S.
Here's a thought. Head to Islamorada for Memorial day weekend and lets go snorkeling/fishing/drinking. It looks like we're aiming that way and would welcome some company. Great ramp nearby and easy access to the Atlantic and Gulf side. Not wildly upscale nor an exposed anchorage. Good local Tiki Hut on-site w/drinks n food. Docks w/elec n water $1.50'. Just sayin'...

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl

Comments

• ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Sounds awesome....wish I could be there. Please take a lot of pics!
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds fun. The several thousand mile trip means I better head out shortly!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I just wish it would stop raining every weekend haven't opened the boat yet

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    It poured here yesterday! Hula Bay Marine in Tampa had 5.25" before 10am. It was a dad gum frog strangler. Supposed to clear next week but it's our typical dry season and getting hotter and rainy early this year.

Speaking of clear, spent 3days on the boat over the weekend and the water in Sarasota was as clear as anything I'd ever seen in the Keys. Rarely like that up here. My season is wrapping up and I can feel the broiler knob cranking up. Hope you N guys have a great upcoming season. Mike

Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's a change of plans since it looks like we'd be solo in the Keys, at least from a RBOC stand point. Our regional trailer boat group (CFCC based in Orlando) is meeting in nearby Boca Grande at the peak of tarpon season so we're on it. 15-20 fellow mid-sized express cruisers coming from as far as a couple hundred miles away right to my back yard, so it'll be a blast. 

Actually the plan is to gather at a resort marina for a few days with the group and then the Admiral and I will find a sandy beach and a palm tree(see below) to tie up to for the rest of the week. Maybe even harass a few tarpon. If there's any future interest in doing the Keys by somebody here just drop us a line and we'll consider it. 

Aloha and have a safe Memorial weekend from the TikiHut. MnK

Here's a shot of the typically crowded shoreline down there.....

• TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

We have penciled into our plan book to do Key West.  That would be a good try out of our new propulsion machinery.  We should have the boat back from the machinery installers in a couple of weeks followed by one trip to GA.  Then we can make better plans.  If we can pull it off, it would be fun to have more in Key West than just us.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

We'd need to think through the details so lets talk. The CFCC is meeting at Twin Dolphin on 6/6. We're driving up to that one. Maybe youd like to join us by land or by sea. Give us a call.

Im excited about your upgrade so I can only imagine how you feel. Hope youre both doing well. MnK
  • options260ecoptions260ec Member Posts: 1
    What resort are you planning to meet at? We were going to be in the area with our rinker 260ec.
    Opt, we always enjoy meeting a fellow RBOC member to put a face to the name. Rinker owners are a pretty rare breed down here. We'll be at palm island marina in placida fri-mon and then down at cayo costa/useppa/cabbage key tue-fri. I'll send you a PM with our contact info to call us for details.

We'll look forward to getting together. Mike n Kelli
  • islariveraislarivera Member Posts: 2
    We are headed to Middle Keys next weekend. Staying at http://www.hawkscay.com/marina_boats
    Count us in when you plan on heading down there. It's a skip and hop away from us..

Safe Boating!!! and we expect lots of pics..
    What happens in a Rinker, Stays in the Rinker...
    Likewise on the pics. Sorry we missed you on this one but therell be another.
    MnK