Options

How do we get to Rinker boat parts without digging thru a forum?

CommanderCommander Member Posts: 1
I don't see anywhere on the Rinker web site where you can pull up your Rinker boat model and have an exploded schematic by system or component to find boat parts by part number and then a procedure to order such.  You can do it for almost any automobile and they are far more complicated than a boat. For now, I'm simply looking for the Rinker emblem that goes on the back of the front 2 swivel seats for a 2006 Captive 246. The main body is there, but I see screw heads and glue where I have  to figure Rinker originally had an oval logo glued there. I guess some previous owner took them for a souvenir. Why does working with Rinker for OEM replacement parts have to be so secretive? It's a convenience for the boat owner and a money maker for Rinker!

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commander, you are comparing 2 different industries. The boating industry does not work like the automotive industry. We wish it did, but it doesn't, and it's not just a Rinker thing. You will get the same with Four Winns, Sea Ray, Larson, etc., etc. Unless you want to pay $100k to $200k more for your boat and buy a Cobalt, than this is what you are dealing with, and even Cobalt will refer you to the system manufacturer if there's a problem with something. Boat builders don't have near the sales that car manufacturers do.  They do not take responsibility for the various systems in the boat, like a car manufacturer does. And going from year to year the system they use may differ, based on availability, and deals they can get.

Your boat is made up of systems. Rinker builds the hull and deck including vinyl, and installs the systems (stove, air con, engine, steering, water pumps, canvas cover, etc.). If anything goes wrong with the systems, you have to go back to the system manufacturer.  Rinker does not manufacture these parts, and they normally don't sell them directly (the only exception is vinyl in fill cushions, which they do make). 

This forum typically makes it easier for people to find what they are looking for, as we have many experienced members. So, I suggest start by asking this forum a question. What can we help you with?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    It would be nice, but you won't see that for mainstream recreational boats.  It's not that they want to keep secrets -- it's just not economically feasible.  A car maker can spend millions to develop documentation for a particular car if they're going to sell 100,000 cars.  Boat builders operate on a much smaller scale.  

But hey, at least we have the forums -- unlike 20 years ago when it was every man for himself.

So feel free to post any questions, and we'll try to help.  
  • Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Look on Ebay for the logos and also check greatlakesskipper.com.
  • Options
    bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I have found most of, if not all the information I need about my boat on this forum and other similar forums. Searay has a great forum with helpful info on stuff that applies to our boats as well. My Rinker dealer is also helpful. You need to research a lot on your own. Ask

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.