Options

2011 276br Captiva help needed

edgeofrededgeofred Member Posts: 7
2 issues, one technical and 1 oops.

1. Somehow I lost the trash can that comes with the boat and cannot locate anywhere. It is about 10" round and very deep. Suggestions?

2.  I have the arch option with the MB stereo that has 2 remotes. The remotes light up and display info but have no control function. I had a few techs look at it and they could not solve issue, any guidance ?

many thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like bad remotes and someone else just bought a can. I will look.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    232 trash can wanted. Search that thread. $18 from Rinker
  • Options
    Thank you sir, I saw that thread but it is not the same size can. Agree on the remotes just strange they both light up and display but neither one works.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On your MB Quart issue. I had the same, we replaced the remote twice. They worked for a short while, and then it crapped out again. The only thing that worked permanently (and has for the past 3 years), is the complete head unit had to be replaced.  Took us 6 months to figure that out. There is a control board in the head unit that the remotes plug into, and that was the problem. How old is it? Mine was replaced under warranty.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Skippy79Skippy79 Member Posts: 29
    order the trash can straight from rinker, the 232 post is mine, great service. just send them an email with the model and year of your boat and ask for the price of the trashcan including p&p and you'll get a speedy response from them..

remote- I'd say it's busted, has happened a few times if you search the forum
  • Options
    thanks Mark and Skippy!
  • Options
    EzgoinEzgoin Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    If your stereo head unit is like the one in my 05 262 and is installed on the port side in front of the passenger seat, you should be able to pull the resessed compartment out with about 10 screws and remove the panel.  From there you can see the rear of the head unit and the connectors.  Mine has the CPS remotes and there is a 4-wire connector behind the head unit that connects the remote to the head unit.  I think the wires are Red-White-Black-Blue.  Maybe you've got a bad connection or loose wire.
  • Options
    AdmiralWGAdmiralWG Member Posts: 12
    Had the same problem on my 276 both remotes not working, dash remote lit up but not functional and the stern remote completely dead. Replaced both remotes (warranty) and still not fixed and found that the wiring from the stern remote needed to be replaced as well which was not a quick simple job, needed to remove the side panels. All OK now! May have only been a wiring problem? I have heard that the remotes are somewhat linked and that if one goes bad it affects the other and no control from either remote? 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Revive a month old thread.......did you solve your trash & stereo issues?
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options

232 garbage can - wanted!  Search this thread

• Options

232 garbage can - wanted!