Options

How much is too much?

Water in bilge. Automatic float switch has to be completely submerged and then some to kick the pump on. So, about 4" of water. Is that normal? Wondering if i can trick it to turn on sooner? 

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be more concerned about 4" of water....that is normal from what I hear from others, however, I get 0 water in my boat- not familiar with your boat but it could be bellows, a thru hull- all things that should draw attention and fix. Relying on the bilge to take care of a leaking boat is not going to end well.....just sayin....
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Where's the water coming from? I do get some from rain but I'm in a slip all season but for the most part I'm dry 
  • Options
    Chrisvr6Chrisvr6 Member Posts: 166 ✭✭
    Oh, sorry, been raining here in chicago. 2 coats of starbrite waterproofer on the cockpit cover and the carpet is wet in spots also. Doesn't look like its beading up. Also coming in through the bilge blower vents on transom. 
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Mines the same, needs a dumb amount of water to kick on & pump. I assume its an automatic Rule with the sensor built into the pump housing?
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Chrisvr6Chrisvr6 Member Posts: 166 ✭✭
    No, the original one which is still in there (red, white and blue one) has a built in float works fine. I added a Johnson pump with the float that attaches to it has a ball in it. And thats the one i have wired straight to the battery incase I'm not at the harbor for a long period.