Options

Crazy Weather

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
The weather is crazy. We went from mid 30's* to low 80's* in only a couple of days. I had to run the heat on Wednesday night and the A/C on Sunday night. Are you kidding me......................  
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont start any more political threads Ray!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
     Yeah, the heat kicked up here a bit as well.  Definitely enjoyed the 80's over the weekend but wondered what happened to the 70's...looks like the 70's will be back later this week.  The good news is the bay water felt a ton warmer just in one week's time!

& Ray, at least all that ice is melted!  :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    DI the snow is just about all gone......... No more spring, we go from winter to summer....lol Handy how in Gods name is this political????? I dont talk politics....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    We had 93f here this weekend!! i wonder how hot the summer is going to be?

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    And the fog has been brutal. Beautiful sunny and hot inland but foggy and 20 degrees cooler at the shore. We tried to go out this weekend over to RI but the fog said otherwise. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    global warming ray...90's here, killing me!
  • Options
    Global warming?????? Explain the 7 feet of snow in 3 weeks?????? LOL 
  • Options
    well it's there and not on the artic circle=politics. We are doing a family reunion type thing this weekend, rain!
  • Options
    Today is June 3rd and we still have a few snow piles kicking around here and there. Amazing...........
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Alswagg said:
    I actually prefer the new weather patterns.  More snow in the winter, more warmer weather in the summer. 
    I will second that! 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    I heard it was 46 in Boston this morning. 
  • Options
    Yeah its been cold and very windy......... Weather $ucks
  • Options
     My grass is one foot tall and green
  • Options
    Good one Handy!  My weeds were that way about a week ago (too much boating I guess??)  Glad I cut it before all this rain.

• Options
    I live in a townhouse so noooo cutting grass or shoveling snow............ Love it....
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handymans, we are talking about lawn grass ... not the other kind of grass.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    You guys are lucky to be able to use your boats. We've had so much rain, that all the lakes are rolling over the spillways and everything is closed. Last weekend I drove 3 hours, one way, to get to a lake that has a power plant on it, so they keep the level down. It's the closest place that's open. 
  • Options
    Have not taken my boat out yet this season. If its warm out the wind is blowing 30mph........ $ucks
  • Options
    wow- it is so friggin hot here in FL- was out this weekend but man! Lakes/rivers are getting back low again so my fresh water boating may be ending and have to go to the coast as the ramps are getting a little iffy.... The lake/river I boat mostly is down close to 4' from where it was the first of the year and just not getting any rain yet...
  • Options
    I heard they lower the lakes on purpose to prepare for rain.
  • Options
    not so much here in Fl- some of the large lakes yes but not so much on the rivers...there is one system I know if that goes to a reservoir north of me as I've been through a lock on it. The St Johns which flows north out of south Fl and goes to Jacksonville and has nothing on it so it gets really low during the dry season. I have one really deep ramp that is close but when I was pulling out of the ramp area this weekend I was getting a 2' warning! The channel is maintained for the power company but you have to get to it. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain and fog by us. I'm still not in the water and have missed nothing. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I have been in the water for about 3 weeks and my boat has not moved except to repair the outdrive......
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Its been cold and foggy start to the season in CT but things have broke a bit the past 2 weeks.  The ocean temp finally broke 60.  We were out fishing for 4 hours or so last Thursday.  Sunny and 70, calm seas, and we caught two striper (24" and 35").  This weekend is looking good so far for our first extended trip of the season to Block Island RI.  Hoping the weather holds...
  • Options
    Wow, I couldn't imagine not being in yet.  We are heading out Thursday for 10 days on the boat.  Hoping the weather actually cools a bit.  The 90s and humid is just a bit much for this time of year.  Water has warmed up significantly, which means jellyfish will be out early this year!

• Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    we have been out every weekend since the first week of may here in northern ky. i live ten minutes from the ohio river and it's finally at pool stage and looking good. i feel for you guys in Ma still seeing piles of snow, that's crazy!