Options

wet carpet in cabin

so I just got a 1993 Rinker Fiesta Vee 260.  I put it in the water and i have noticed that the carpeting in the cabin at the bow is damp.  I open the access panel under the stairs and there is less than half an inch of water there.  when I open the hatch for the engine compartment it is bone dry.  If i get a couple people to stand on the back of the boat the water will drain back and the bilge pump will pump out the water in about 5 seconds then everything is dry again.  I filled the fresh water tank and was wondering if maybe there is a small leak somewhere.  Any suggestions?  If also feels like the boat sits at the dock bow heavy making any water run to the bow.  

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    fiestavee260fiestavee260 Member Posts: 10
    never thought of that.  where would i find the drains in the anchor locker?
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea, please explain how 100lbs weighs down the bow. I am using all chain now with out any noticeable effect.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    If you pay out all of your anchor rode (on land or in the slip) so the locker is empty, you can see the drain holes in the bottom of the locker.  (It would also be a good time to inspect your anchor rode, and make sure the end is secured to the boat.)

H -- just sayin', if it's an oversize anchor and lots of chain, the effect on balance would be more noticeable on a 260 than on a 342.  I'm not sure what else to suggest, unless the boat has some water-logged fiberglass up in front.  
  • Options
    fiestavee260fiestavee260 Member Posts: 10
    so i went down to the boat and took your advice and looked in the anchor storage area and it was full of water.  checked the drain and it was plugged.  got it unplugged and it drained out and the bow of the boat came up about 3-4 inches out of the water.  Thanks for your help