Options

FV270 galley storage solutions?

diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
Just put my (new to me) 2002 FV270 in the water on Friday and we're starting to organize it. There seems to be much more room than in my old Maxum 2400 SCR, but I'm having a difficult time finding usable space. Can't find a good place to put our dinner plates(lightweight plastic) and our utensils/silverware(there's no drawers!). I'm thinking about adding 2 shelves to the storage cabinet underneath the TV and possibly a sliding add-a-drawer underneath the microwave. Does anyone have any creative ideas on how they set up their 270? For example, I found this little doohickey on Amazon for the dinner plates that I'm thinking of putting to use:

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue- the only thing I have really been able to come up with are shallow storage containers that I can stack along the back wall of the mid ship berth- I only have one little one and she still has plenty of room. I have one for towels, one for dry food stuff....one for plates/cups and such. There is a lot of walk around room but storage is sure an issue...
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We have drawers and cupboards galore.  But the admiral had me install some wire shelves in the cupboard under the sink and the one under the TV storage.  The cupboards are tall and this made the space more useful.  I used closet organizer wire shelving.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    we built pull out drawers under our sink in our 290. looking at adding some in one of our hanging closets as we don't use but one. 
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    so you saying I need a bigger boat? lol......we have 270's stodge, I would hope your boat has lots of storage! And JC, are you talking the sink behind the helm? I have been thinking about that but keeping it dry.....also, the cabinets next to the fridge and under the TV are pretty useless, I'm thinking of some slide out drawers of some sort for those but one we do hang some clothes in....other than that, there really is not anywhere else to go. The only thought I had is the step up where the table is but is that a "stringer" or otherwise a support piece?
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    sink in cabin, it came with some sort of useless shelves. i will get you a picture next time i'm done there (probably today time to rotate the bar stock) and show you what we did in the cabin and what I'm planning next. 
  • Options
    PairADicePairADice Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I had the same issue on my 270 so I took the floor up in my v-berth and found there were stringers in the floor. In the first "bay" I made a storage compartment which is lined by indoor/outdoor carpet. Added hinges and BOOM, a huge compartment. I also made the hanging locker forward of the head into a full length locker with 3 shelves. Somewhere on the forum there are pictures. 
  • Options
    I was thinking of putting something along the wall of the mid ship berth with some drawers but something I could remove when we sell it....cut down on the guests as well, kill two birds with one stone! Like the idea of that pair......will give that some thought as well-good idea.