1995 FV 265.

I have a couple of questions for you gals and guys that I have not been able to find answers to. I have a 1995 FV 265 new to me project boat. I can't figure out what this is. (In the picture). It is just to the left of the coax for the marine radio. It has the black plastic backing and a 3 prong electrical connector.
And, Would anyone know what the dry weight of this boat is? I downloaded the generic owner's manual but can't find the info in there. Thanks for any input you can offer.

BTW, I have really enjoyed this forum, Tons of info and interesting topics. Fun reading.

Jim Sherrow

Comments

• youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    that is the receptacle for the all around light/pole light.   If you can find a replacement let me know.
  • GonesailingGonesailing Member Posts: 7
    Thanks youstolemybeer. Is that a navigational requirement at night for running or at anchor?  Your reply also gives me an idea to see what switch powers it if that is still functional. Thanks, I have somewhere to look now. BTW, I have not seen your beer, but I owe you one! And your just across the state from me. Have a great weekend, Jim
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To travel at night you must have 1 visible all around light and a portside/starboard split light (red and green).  If at anchor at night, you must have only the all around light on. So anytime you are on the water at night, whether at anchor or underway, you must have the all around light on.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• awhiresawhires Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
  • GonesailingGonesailing Member Posts: 7
    Thank You Mark for pointing out it is an anchor light. Makes sense. So the search is on for the light. And thank you awhires for the info on the weight. I am convinced now, well 85 percent anyway, that I did not get the correct trailer with the boat. But it is the one the PO had so I have no way to find out for sure. I need to crawl under and find my axle ratings to know for sure. I know for a fact that the tires, I bought to replace the old, should have been a higher load rating. 

Thanks again for your help guys and happy boating, Jim