Options

09 230 Atlantic freshwater system

Does anyone know where to get the plumbing schematic for the Atlantic 230....I just purchased the boat and for some reason there are 2 Jabsco pumps....one operating from the dash switch and controling water flow to the sink....the other pump operates from one of the accessory switches..and when turned on, pumps water back through through the "municipal" water inlet....im not sure if the previous owner installed or made changes to this second pump...

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you're going to find a schematic. It's hard enough getting an accurate schematic of the electrical systems. Can you see the water pipes and follow them in the engine compartment?

Otherwise give me more information:

- are both pumps being fed from the fresh water tank?
    - does the municipal water connection tee into the pump discharge? If so, is there a check-valve (non-return) valve on the municipal water line, and is it working?
    - where does the pump that links to the municipal water line eventually pump to? After the pump discharge and municipal water line connect together, that pump should pressurize a circuit.  If not, are you saying the pump only discharges to that municipal water connection?  If so, it sounds like he may have used that pump to pressurize that point, so that he could attach a spray hose to wash the boat, or flush systems.

Mark

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    ruffriderruffrider Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply...i can see all the pipes and will recheck them...and look for a check valve on the municipal line....im away from my boat for a few days, but will let you know what i find....thanks again
  • Options
    If you can draw a sketch of the piping system, and include where you see a valve, check valve, pumps, terminal points, etc. it will be easier for everyone to understand.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Good idea...do you know if the 230 is even supposed to have 2 jabsco pumps?...and, yes, they both feed off the single tank
  • Options
    I have a 260EC, so I can't say for sure. But my 260EC only has 1 galley pump.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A second pump could have been added to have a "washdown pump" setup. The PO may have wanted this situation and put in a hose hookup for that purpose. My 280 has a single galley pump and an option for a washdown pump, which it doesn't have.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks cableguy...i think you are correct...but the PO hooked the second pump to the shore water inlet...which isnt designed for water flowing out....and takes away the use of the shore water for the galley and shower......
    i have another issue now with the galley pump....I filled the tank and the pump runs, but doesnt want to pressurize the system....are these pumps self priming?

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    It could be air locked
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Try putting a shop-vac on an open faucet to pull water into the pump.  
  • Options
    Got it working...lol
    thanks everyone...i found an old link saying to run water into tank with taps...on...counterintuitive but it worked....must have been an air lock...