Options

Transom mounted transducer, wire routing?

BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭

Has anyone mounted a fish finder transducer on the transom of a 250FV? And if so, how did you run the wires? I cannot find a good way to get them over the transom/under the swim platform other then drilling a hole through the transom.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Bruce

2004 250 FV 

Comments

• Options
    phatcaptainphatcaptain Member Posts: 2
    i did mine. you have to drill a hole under swim platform but above waterline. use a good marine grade silicone/caulking to fill after you run wire thru. mine works great and no leaks
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same with me. A hole drilled just below the swim platform, above teh water line.  Run the cable and then fill the hole with marine grade silicone.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

Thanks for the advice, I was trying to avoid drilling through the transom but the speedo tube goes through there so I guess another hole won't hurt. I think I'll order some clam shells to cover it.

Thanks again,

Bruce

2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just widen the speed tube hole and run through one hole, rather than drill another hole?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I thought about that, but the speedo install is so well sealed and has a small clam shell over it.  I figured I would be better off not trying to cut that sealant out and just drill another hole instead. I got it done last night and it all went well. Thanks for the advice.
    2004 250 FV