246BR - Removing upholstery panel to replace LED light

DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum
I'm stumped on how to get this upholstery panel, on the port side next to the captain's chair, just aft of the head door, off, so I can replace the dead LED below it. There are two screws inside the cubby hole, and if you take out one of the cup holders in the the side panel, you can get to a nut and remove it from a bolt sticking out of the panel. With those three off, it's loose at the bottom but still won't come off. I thought maybe just those held it in place and you pull up on it once they're removed, but that didn't work. Have a dead LED on a similar panel on the starboard side too.

Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Are there any screws under upholstered caps at the top of the panel?   If so,  just pry off the caps and remove the screws. 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Nope, no caps up on top to remove, unfortunately.
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited May 2015
    Is it possible that there are clips similar to bow seat back rests?   Will the panel slide up? 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Tried sliding it up, but it was pretty firmly stuck. Thought maybe it slid into clips at the top as you suggest. Maybe I'm missing another bolt down low or something. I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks for the thoughts.