Options

water in bilge 2008 330

redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

while looking into the ac return and the ac condensation pan drain question, I noticed water in the bilge.  there is a small amount in the area where the motors are located.  not enough for the bilge pump to get it out.  there is a pump under the aft seating area, but not enough for the pump to pull out any water.  I checked the shower sump area under the stairs and if I look towards the front of the boat there seems to be a pretty good amount of water sitting.  seems like this area is low in comparison to the other areas.

are these compartments supposed to all connect?  I found water in the front compartment under the storage bin.  thought I found a passage into the area under the sofa/galley area.  that water was really rusty from the ac unit.  the water in the are under the sofa/galley area didn't seem to be rusty when I looked from the shower sump.  I also reached down into that area from the sump and thought I found a passage that would lead into the aft seating area bilge.  not sure if truly connected but no real way for the water to get out if not.

anyone with a 330 that can tell me what to expect?  thinking about sticking a pump up under the sofa/galley area.

2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold

Comments

• Options
    jaubryjaubry Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Shop vac the water. 

The he bildge in mine always has some as the pump sits on a small mounting block and the last bit of water it pumps out that is in the hose comes back. A one way valve makes the water stagnant and an new Oder developed.

the shower bildge should empty all but a few drops. So every once in a while I clean it up.

Now, the AC unit seems to be an issue. From the pics in your other post, I would start by cleaning it up and drying everything out. Then see where it is coming in from. Maybe the fix is to add shims. Maybe the $1 hose clamp failed. How is the the pump and seacock filter in the aft lounge along the port wall under the cushion? Maybe the rust comes from the pump? 
  • Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

the rust is from the drain pan.  its clear water has been sitting in this pan as long as this boat has been in service.

I vacuumed the water out of the area shown.  shims wont help the situation since there is no drain hole in the drain pan at all.  nothing is leaking.  the water simply has no where else to go.   there are some pics on my other post about AC RETURN AIR.

2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold