Options

Fresh water inlet goes nowhere

1. have a 91 fiesta vee 235...... With a 5.7L.....In the transom below the fuel fill there is a female fresh water hookup that goes nowhere....I think it is a way to run fresh water through the engine when I'm done with the day.....but I'm not really sure....does any one know if This is reattachable somewhere? the previous owner might have removed it or was it some sort of factory extra or am I way off base & that isn't what it is at all.  Any info would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It flushes the risers, but not the engine... Hooks up to the 3/4 in hoses that feed the four way on the stat housing.  It's handy, but will get you in trouble if you're in saltwater, and that's the only way you flush.  Ain't nuthin as good as dog ears and a hose, flushing fresh while you idle.. gets all of it out, including the block/water circulation pump, and impeller along with all those passages.   
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    It also could've been a city water hookup?  Not sure if the 235 has much of a fresh water system, so it may be more likely engine flush.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    mamasndpapasmamasndpapas Member Posts: 7
    I'm in saltwater from now till October with no way to run freshwater through ...thought it would be a good idea to find out how,to hook it up & do it.figured the flushing no matter how small it is can't hurt throughout the season any idea where on the thermostat housing I would hook it up...very difficult to get any info on this....thanks