Options

Help No Water

buggyjdavbuggyjdav Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
New to us 04 342. Had her at the fuel dock overnight, filled fresh water tank and used the water all night and all morning (no city water hooked up), worked fine. Disconnected shore power and moved the boat 50 yards to a different slip now no water... Hook up city water and it works fine. 

The pump runs continuously and seems like there is air in the line as it spits water a bit but not even enough to use. I unscrewed what looked like the filter from the pump (clear round thing on bottom but there wasn't any screen or anything inside, not sure if that's normal.

Still no water, I see water and air pockets pumping out of the pump through the clear lines but no water at any faucet.

Unscrewed the fill cap and flushed it and the air valve next to fill, still nothing...

Any ideas? Please and thank you.

Comments

• Options
    mamasndpapasmamasndpapas Member Posts: 7
    Sounds like your sucking air in from a bad hose clamp or o,ring...before,the pump...not,likely a clog unless you've got some foreign material in the tank or the bottom of the tank is coming apart from the inside.....my tank has a removable 5 in cap so I can get a bit of a look inside...might be worth giving that a shot first...just to rule it out..
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an issue with my pump a few weeks back. I was dewinterizing the fresh water system and the pump worked great. I connected to city water, and all was good. Flushed the system, added water to the holding tank, then the pump quit working. I replaced the check valve assembly and the pump is working again. It was a $15 part, which was cheaper than a new pump.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    edited June 2015
    Try filling your water tank 100% full.  The purpose is to make sure the level of water in the tank is above the level of the pump, so you have positive pressure at the pump.  If the pump is having trouble priming, that should help.
  • Options
    buggyjdavbuggyjdav Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Rookie mistake... must have run through the contents of the holding tank, filled the tank and it works however the pump runs continously, any ideas on the pump running? Also the gauge in the galley must not be accurate, it showed all full (full green )
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The gauge for the water tanks never work.  If your pump runs all the time you may have a leak.  I had a leak near my city water inlet that made my pump come on every couple minutes.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    It also can run awhile trying to fill the water heater if it was drained down.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Could also have a bad check valve in the pump unit.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check for a leak. That pump should not run all the time. Either it is leaking somewhere and dropping the pressure, or the pump pressure switch is not working.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"