Reverse polarity

kbgolf1kbgolf1 Member Posts: 17 ✭
I am getting the red light for reverse polarity in my 2004 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342 only when I flip the battery charger on.  Anyone know why that is?

Comments

  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have not touched any wires anywhere or anyone else?
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    Need more info. Is the boat new to you? Has the charger been changed? Did this just start doing this?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • kbgolf1kbgolf1 Member Posts: 17 ✭
    I just had it serviced over the winter.  I know the batteries were taken out and put back in.  Not sure if the guy disconnected the charger or not?  I bought the boat last July and it just started doing it this year.
  • JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Make sure all the wires are hooked back up correctly and one wasn't knocked loose. Is your battery charger wired direct or does it plug into an out let?
  • kbgolf1kbgolf1 Member Posts: 17 ✭
    It is wired direct I believe.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    Check the charger wiring.... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭
    First thing to do is to make sure your shore power cord is in correctly. If they are not, it'll do funky things with polarity.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also make sure the shore power itself is wired correct!

    Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    He said the only time he gets the light is when he puts on the charger. It has something to do with that... Again check the charger wiring...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • kbgolf1kbgolf1 Member Posts: 17 ✭
    It was my boat inlets.  They were fried on the inside so I replaced the inlets and power cables.
Sign In or Register to comment.