how do you remove tv/dvd from a 342 rinker.

SERENDIPITYSERENDIPITY Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
edited June 2015 in Electrical Discussions
we bought a  samsung 24' smart tv .now to remove the  stock tv/dvd . i dont see where the electrical cord is plugged .where do i access to unplug the electrical cords  tks 
Post edited by raybo3 on

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TV should be plugged into an outlet behind the TV.  Slide the tv all the way out. Should be easy to see. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I completely removed the TV and slide/swivel base and replaced it with a lazy susan liquor stand.   The power for the TV was an outlet on the bottom of the cabinet toward the starboard and bow of the boat.  New TV went up over the opening of the mid-berth.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• SERENDIPITYSERENDIPITY Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Ill have to dig around as its not apparent where the plug in is  .are you saying its behind of of the clothes  cabinets?  below the tv /booze cabinet tks for your info much appreciated
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be in the same slide out area as the TV, just as described by Stodge.  Should be a 2 outlet AC power outlet.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    In my 342 on the starboard there is a cabinet between the v-berth and the dinette with a large tamber door.  The stereo is above it and a large cupboard below.  When you open that tamber door there was a 13 inch TV/VCR combo on a slide out swivel.   If that does not describe what you have then not sure where yours is.  

I put my new TV in a totally different location from the original.  Since it's 12V I had to run a power source for it and the antenna pre-amp.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX