Options

REMOVING COFFEE MAKER FROM 2004 342 FIESTA VEE

coreystinarcoreystinar Member Posts: 6

Hello,  can anyone tell me how to remove the coffee maker from a 2004 342 Fiesta Vee?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    It's major surgery.  :(  There are some threads in here that talk about it.

I removed mine with no intention of replacing it.  In my case I removed the bolts from the top, then used a hot knife to cut the plastic mounts on the top of the coffee maker so it could come out the front.  I'm making that space into a cupboard.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    coreystinarcoreystinar Member Posts: 6

thanks!  I just read through the other threads, and most talk about removing the microwave,  but how do you remove the microwave?

• Options
    Well when I looked at it, you'd have to remove that piece of trim (black starboard?) in front of the microwave which appears to be glued down to get the micro to come out.  Others have removed a bunch of the galley to get the microwave out.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I had to remove the entire cabinet face. Not fun...... If your coffee maker does not work or your taking out and plan on a new one use a sawzall to cut the mounting screws.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    The screws were not my issue.  It was those plastic brackets on top of the coffee maker.  They made the coffee maker too tall to come out of the hole.  My hot knife is a butane soldering iron that included the knife piece.